First camping trip with new IDI truck

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know its not a Ford but I used the Suburban to pull the camper last weekend and found out real quick I've been spoiled with the dually all these years! LOL All I could see in the mirrors was the front of the camper, I miss my towing mirrors! Trailer sway was real bad, even got the weight distribution hitch but didnt seem to help much. I figure the sway problem from the lift and big tires since it handles like my old 75 chevy did. The gap in the gear ratios is terrible 2nd was too much and 3rd wasnt enough at times. Had a good trip everything went well and the truck ran great. Hopeing to get the chance to pull it to Michigan next month!

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Convert the burb to a dually! :D

X2. I used a burb for years to tow and liked it till I converted one to duals. I loved that truck for towing afterwards. All that room and I could sleep in the back. I was ready the kill the ***** in the semi that ran into it and broke the frame.

spg

Big Red
Reaction score
You might consider adding a Reese Dual Cam Sway Control to your hitch set up. The weight distribution hitch controls weight not sway. The Dual cam sway control makes a huge difference in towing.

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4.10 gears in the burb, dual wheels would be sweet! I have a sway bar for the camper but didnt have time to weld the attachment to the hitch. Maybe I will for the next trip.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle