FIPL

FoolhardyIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Replaced my FIPL and connector today. As the old ones were falling apart. I have it set at 1.2V at idle and when doing a sweep it only goes to 3.58v at WOT. Is this correct? I could have sworn it was supposed to get to 3.8V.

gandalf

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that's okay. That upper number isn't really settable, other than perhaps as a factor, a result, of the lower setting. You must be careful, though, that the upper number does not go over 5.0. At 5.0 the TECA, the transmission brains, has a little hissey fit, says "that is out of range", and puts the transmission into limp mode. So, it's best not to get too close to 5.0

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Ken is correct. At 5.0 volts the computer shuts down on over voltage. If you tell us what your key on egintion off setting is I think I can tell you why the wide open voltage is what you posted. The only way you can change the wide open voltage setting is to raise of lower the koeo setting but you want that to e .96 to 1.2 volts. the low side makes for a softer shift and the high side is a better firmer shift. What you never want to do is drive much in limp home mode. Thats a design to get you off the road or to a service shop. Its a neck breaking shift and not all gears are available. I recall second and reverse is all you have.

FoolhardyIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just adjusted my key on setting to 1.10volt. Engine not running. It will sweep to 3.50Volts now. So I lost .08 Volts at WOT. When I adjusted it down to the 1.10volts. It shifts much nicer now than at 1.2V

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fizzle