FIPL qestion

bobracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck is a 92 with ATS aftermarket turbo and AT

The AT hasn't been locking the converter, just keep throwing codes. So a new FIPL was installed. This sounds great but and once install got the 1.1v but would only get to about 3.2v at WOT. After starting the truck and clearing the codes, it through a code back up, no signal from the FILP.

Any ideas?

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
What do you mean no signal from your FIPL now? Can't you get a reading from it anymore?

The WOT reading might be low beacuse you max fuel screw might not be turn all the way in....just like mine.

If the trans is not locking there is an issue somewhere...I would first check the big wiring harness plug on the pass side of the trans and make SURE all wires are in good shape and CLEAN!!!

If all else fails, do a TC lockup mod, like I did last week with great results.

bobracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now it's saying all the clutches are slipping in the trans. The trans is supposedly rebuilt and a oil and filter change showed it to be very clean.

I'll see about checking the plug and make sure everything is clean right there, thanks.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Check the plug for damage. If it looks good then try resetting the sensor to a lower voltage. Then recheck the WOT voltage. While you do that check the entire range of the sensor. You don't want any funny readings from low to high.

The slip codes are coming up from the TPS being out of adjustment.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle