finally killed the................

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
powerlocker.

everything was fine yesterday.this morning i go to the post office and felt the rear end chattering.well it does this when it needs a fluid change or is low on fluid.then all of a sudden i heard a bang and felt like i got rearended! did this a few times on the way out to the office.i get to the office and crawl under to check the fluid and see it dripping from a big bulge in the bottom of the cover.

i split one spider gear into 3 pieces,took 1 tooth off another and took 5 teeth out 10 off another and had 3 that were perfect.thank god the 2 side gears were good as the new gear i got were the wrong size splines for my axles but the rest of the gears were the same.so 250.00 later im back up and running.i dont think this truck wants to go to florida.last year i was supposed to go and it decided to puke the tranny out.this time it spit a spider gear through the cover.now what will it do between now and friday to get out of going on the trip?-cuss

ill get picture of the gears later or in the morning.

sassyrel

Reaction score
powerlocks were four pinion--that what you had--or the lighter version two pinion???? i had the 70 under my 85---i took it out and put a 10.25 in--much larger brakes---

rubberfish

Reaction score
Better at home, than doing 90mph down the hwy.
You don't want to go to Florida anyways, do ya?
Highly over rated. Sun, girls, more sun and girls. -Drool :thumbsup:

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
powerlocks were four pinion--that what you had--or the lighter version two pinion???? i had the 70 under my 85---i took it out and put a 10.25 in--much larger brakes---

4 small spiders and 2 huge gears on the axles.my dana70 has the same size breaks as the 10.25 that i melted.:D

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
then my signature could say "Kept running by GEONC's Pile-O-Parts ;Sweet ":rotflmao :rotflmao

Nope, it would say..."Kept running by 5 lbs of GEONC's ER7018 welding rod pulled from his pile O parts"...

Lincoln Lockers don't corner too well but are great in a strait line.:peelout