Finally bought one!

Etcetera

Reaction score
I think I've posted here before, maybe a year or three ago. Anyways, I've been wanting to buy a IDI truck for a long time, and it finally happened. 1994 Crew Cab dually with factory IDI turbo and 121k miles. Fresh transmission and AC. I think this is the best running IDI I have driven, seems better than most of the first gen Powertrokes also. Needs a drivers side dually fender and a rear bumper. Otherwise it's complete and completely rust free. One of the few real benefits of living in Southern California. Interior is so so. It started easily. No smoke at all. I guess now it's time to put some of the stuff I've been reading about for years to use. Pick the truck up tomorrow after work.

It's got kind of a funky paint job. I think the 2 tone stuff like this comes with the Roll-A-Long package. Pretty sure that package is regional.

It's pretty clean under the hood. No leaking diesel, everything seems like it's in place. Couple minor oil leaks. New return lines. Radiator and coolant look clean, no signs of overheating.

Can't wait to start tinkering with it. Already ordered a couple gauges, a-pillar pod and "turbo Timer". Already have almost 500 gallons of filtered WMO to start blending. Once the gauges (pyro mainly) are in I want to bump the timing and pump slightly. Want to work on some of the restrictions in the factory turbo setup also. I do some TIG welding at work when the fabrication side needs help, so I think that part of the project will be home brewed.

I learned a lot by reading this forum over the last few years. I think (Hope) the tips have helped me pick a good one.

Eric
La Habra, CA

Attachments

• f350idi.jpg
    f350idi.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 73idi.jpg
    73idi.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 60

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
Protip: If you want the build sheet (assuming the interior is original) have a peek behind the fold down portion of the back seat. that's where I found mine. Remove the press board backing (if equipped) and peek. Otherwise it's under the seats or lost to the ages if a interior conversion was done. Some ford's put the build sheet under the carpet, but it's usually trashed from being in that location so long

Etcetera

Reaction score
Protip: If you want the build sheet (assuming the interior is original) have a peek behind the fold down portion of the back seat. that's where I found mine. Remove the press board backing (if equipped) and peek. Otherwise it's under the seats or lost to the ages if a interior conversion was done. Some ford's put the build sheet under the carpet, but it's usually trashed from being in that location so long

I'll check it out. I am pretty sure the Roll A Long package is not done at the factory though, so who knows. The seats are similar but more plush than factory seats. Probably done at a van conversion company or something.

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
I'll check it out. I am pretty sure the Roll A Long package is not done at the factory though, so who knows. The seats are similar but more plush than factory seats. Probably done at a van conversion company or something.

The sure fire answer (in most cases it seems) is to look at the door jamb on the drivers side for a roll-a-long conversion sticker. Spiffy truck!

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
Nifty. my truck came from Norco/Corona. Before it was in los angeles/santa barbara area judging by some documents I found in it

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd drive that! I'm jealous of your aluminum wheels. I sure like the way they look. Looks like a nice truck. Hope it serves you well!

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
It sure is, I live in Riverside, so Norco is about 15 mins away. ;Sweet

I found the truck posted on here by someone after I bought it. These are the sellers images:

You must be registered for see images attach

Etcetera

Reaction score
Very nice. Probably not too many pickup trucks had tv's when it was new!

Riverside, just a short drive away, as long as you're going the opposite direction of traffic, lol.

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
It's a realistic unit. Antenna is behind the back seat in the window. Has am/fm uhf/vhf in it. Fairly worthless now, until I "retire" to pahrump. heh heh. Most small towns are permitted to run a small tv transmitter for economically depressed areas or areas with senior populations who can't afford a full blown DTV Upgrade