Reaction score
Anyone have links or info on the subject of filtering waste engine oil. Thanks

Is WMO waste motor oil?

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
roamaround,

WMO is waste motor oil. If you use the search feature in the blue bar across the top of the forum, filtering WVO and WMO discussed in many threads. You should find anythin you need.....

spg

Big Red
Reaction score
Filtering Waste Motor Oil is usually covered in the alternative fuel section. Many ways to filter. One way is to pre filter through a fine mesh screen, then filter through an automotive oil filter like a PH8A which a mount is readily available for, then through a 5 micron whole house water filter and finally through a permacool 2 micron fuel filter with a water seperator. It can be gravity fed or pressure fed through the filters. Magnets around the steel oil filter housing will help with removal of any magnetic metal particles.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
yep, there are tons of ways to do it, whatever method you use i would filter as finely as you can as a last step. i go to one micron with a house water filter to avoid any gunk build up. there is always that risk though and more frequent filter changes.

some use sock filters from mcmaster carr, i use filter units, one is a goldenrod and the second is a whole house filter like mentioned. i push the oil through with shop air since gravity feed is SLOW. there are no pumps to burn out either if you clog a filter.

04_6.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jred what do you mean when you say u filter with shop air??? Ex. your holding tank has a place to add air then you crack the valve and the oil is forced out through the filtering system that you have and into a holding tank or fuel tank? Can you explain it for a newb please? or post up some pics?

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you have a tank and there is a air chuck on it, it will pressure the tank and make the oil filter faster through the filter. It seems to me that it could blow stuff through to me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online