FILTER TO IP FUEL LINE

tractorman86

Reaction score
got my first one on and starting to test it today. it costed about $25 total so we'll see how it performs. if in a week or two it is still good i'll sell 5 more for the time being. the viton o-rings are kinda rediculious.

Attachments

• fuelhose1.JPG
    fuelhose1.JPG
    167 KB · Views: 38
  • fuelfittings.JPG
    fuelfittings.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 15

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like you did good. Keep us updated. I used a rubber hose and the fittings from the old 6.9 line, but I'd gladly make one like yours with specs or just buy one from you. The way its cobbled together with makeshift oring gaskets is probably why that pump always wants to leak just a little. Still at $25 or so a lot better than $90 if you can even get it from IH

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
Thanks tractorman i my self had to make a line the one from the lift pump to the filter the damn thing cracked and it was 250 from ford if they could get it

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the viton o-rings are kinda rediculious.

FYI, you don't need viton orings for this application. Viton is needed for higher temperature applications, nitrile o-rings will work just fine at a far lower cost.

Just wondering, did they sell you reusables or crimp on fittings?

tractorman86

Reaction score
h2odrx
yes sir my account is: [email protected]
69dieselfreak
no prob bud
lotzagoodstuff
yea i am accually running the regular hydrolic o-ring on mine, i just wanna know if fuel will eat it or not. i used 1 piece fittings but in a pinch you can cut the ferrul off and use them like a 2 piece, that is if you have a slew of misc ferruls to match it up with.

Last edited:

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
hey tractorman anybody my injector return lines have a line going to the filter fitting what can we do about that
i was thinking about tapping 1/8 pipe some where and then putting a hose barb on it if there is nothing to do about that return line