filter question

93 RHD

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have just done the Facet Duralift electric pump conversion and I have plumed in a filter before and after the pump. Is this right or should i have both filters after the pump

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most pump makers will tell you that they would like to see a filter before their pump. That's to help protect them from the junk some customers have in their tanks. If you know your tank is clean, and you still have a sock or shower head on the pickup, I wouldn't bother with an in-line. In fact, why even have an in-line filter? How inconvenient is that to have and service? If it clogs, your left by the side of the road with a filter you can't change without tools. If your using a Carrier, the best place for that is the engine compartment, and the best filter to have before it is a fuel/water separating filter. I have a new Racor FPG-200 that I'm letting go for cheap if your interested in that. Whatever you do, use a spin on of some kind so your not stranded.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Too many filters will reduce pressure to the injection pump. Does you electric pump have a filter on it. If not might install one before the pump. But like Mel posted. Really no reason for another filter if your tank is clean. The stock fuel filters we use are plenty fine for what we do.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online