Filler neck woes

Smokey73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put a used steel flatbed on "The Mule" the other day. I didn't put enough thought into the fuel neck situation. I just spliced some pieces of other fillernecks with some pvc thinking that it would work, untill I tried to put fuel in it. 20 mins got me 3 gals. I know part of the problem is that both necks run downhill befor they go into the tank. I don't plan on carrying a pile of lumber around to drive onto everytime I fill up. Where, if anywhere, can you get the hoses long enough to reach. What other material works well enough to use. I would hate to use radiator hose for fear of it not working with the diesel.

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can buy universal fuel filler neck hose all over the place, any auto parts store should have it...it's around $20 for a 3' section.

You might also want to look into doing the tank vent mod if you haven't done that already.

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
Don't you also need a vent? Maybe not depending on the angle/fill rate...

Thad

DragRag

Reaction score
I had the same problem when I put a flat bed on my 94'. What I did, is I used the filler necks from my parts truck for pieces. You must git rid of the dip in the pipe or it will never work right. My only fix was using filler neck part, I cut and shortened until I got the angle right. I have another set of filler necks you can use for parts, just LMK. I don't think I have trimmed anything off of this set, and I was saving them for a future flat bed, but I can always get another set.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online