Feeler: New style dome lights

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
No problem, i had to go anyway why not help someone out. This one looks great, ill give it a quick cleaning and make sure the bulbs are ok, get it boxed up n ready to go out.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
great mod right here!
WAY brighter than them old crhome units with faded yellow plastic covers.:D
fyi,i painted the one i got black and you'd never know it wasn't made that way.
black goes with the red interior nicely.
it was a dark grey one.
the only thing is the map lights don't point correctly,but i never use 'em.
something was different with the wiring.it took me a few mins to figure out a fix.can't remember what it took now,but it was different than stock for sure.something about using one of the mounting screws for ground or not.something funky/kinda tricky to make sure all 3 lights worked when they're supposed to.
now when i open my door,or need a light on in the cab i can see!!
do this mod guys.its well worth it.

Last edited:

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
Both of the ones i put in were plug and play, but i will go through mine and make sure. if any changes are needed i will note and try to include the needed parts.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the only thing is the map lights don't point correctly,but i never use 'em.
something was different with the wiring.it took me a few mins to figure out a fix.can't remember what it took now,but it was different than stock for sure.something about using one of the mounting screws for ground or not.something funky/kinda tricky to make sure all 3 lights worked when they're supposed to.
I'm guessing that that has something to do with the fact that you have a regular-cab truck...IIRC on the regular cabs, the dome light mounts on the back edge and is tilted something like 30 degrees. I haven't had a chance to test-fit mine yet (not going to "really" install it until I have my new cab in place), but my guess is the map lights will be a non-issue on extended-cab and crew-cab trucks where the dome light is mounted level.

As to the wiring, I would love to find out what is different...I compared the new-style dome light I got from Rob with an extra chrome one I had laying around, and the mount points looked the same and the electrical terminals had the same continuity in the same places. :dunno but, again, that is without having actually installed it...in the real world, there could be a difference that didn't show up with the test meter :angel:

I'm very curious to see how this will work...although part of me's wondering how feasible it would be to run LED bulbs? :angel: Does anyone know off the top of their head what the part number is for these bulbs? All three look the same, but it's a type I haven't dealt with before...I'm guessing I can find it on an auto parts store's site, but figured I'd see if anyone knew for sure first. Thanks again ;Sweet and thank you again Rob for doing this! It's a shame more people haven't expressed interest...

Last edited by a moderator:

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
211-2 bulb and yes they make LED bulbs available for these. If u are looking to convert to LED bulbs go to superbrightleds.com and select 12v automotive bulbs and bulb conversion chart cuz i have no idea what the farfrumpugin all that jibba jabba means lol.

And your welcome.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
lame, *** arent workin for me right now. Yes i have a few gray left. yes its still #25 and paypal is [email protected]

If u can (danielle and wryeth) please pay by tomorrow morning so i can get em shipped out tomnorrow afternoon or uir gunn ahave to wait at least 2 weeks cuz im gunna be down and unable to do much moving arund.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
Shipped it out earlier this afternoon. My *** are being screwy so ill have to get u the tracking number some other way.

Danielle i have urs ready to go, just awaiting payment. When i get it ill have my gal write out the shipping label and drop it off for me.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
Wryth, checked the tracking number and it shows its out for delivery.

Danielle, i ad my g/f ship it out thos morning so u should have it friday at the latest.

Thanks for the business. Hope ya enjoy the lights and more useable lighting.

Inventory updaye, hve 3 tan left and a few days ago i found two more gray ones...

So i have:
3 tan lights
2 gray lights

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online