Feeler: New style dome lights

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
New style dome lights

I have a lot of the newer style domelights stick piled and i need to get rid of some stuff so im putting up a feeler. They are the same style on the 96/7 OBS trucks, 97-03/4 F150s, and multiple cars/vans. I have to take a look and see exactly how many of each color i have but i do have tan and light opal. These are dome lights with two reading lights, perfect for improved visibility over the ol chromies. Most are 100% bolt in if ur current truck has both a domelight and map lights. Those with just a domelight will need to run a constant hot wire for the map lights (very simple). Please note these have a centering tab i have already removed for proper fitment in our trucks. Also they come with new bulbs and may show minor cosmetic flaws as they are used. No mounting hardware, re-use the exsisting screw. Can be painted to match any color.

Here are a few pics of them installed in my various trucks:
My 88 F-350
You must be registered for see images attach

Note, fitment is slightly off due to no headliner.

My 93 F-150

Im gunna try to get a night time pic to show the light output if it takes right.

These also work great for non OBS trucks, i isntalled one in my g/fs 2004 Ranger Edge, just had to run a constant power for the map lights.

Asking $20 plus $5 shipping.

Last edited:

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't see the thread before...I may be interested. I imagine you don't have any red/maroon units (I don't even know if one exists), so do you have any black units?

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
I wish they came in red/maroon but unfortantly not, at least none i could find. The only black one i had is in my 93, and they are a little tough to find. I will tell ya one thing, they are fairly easy to paint.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Ive got a tan one in my plow truck. Only drawback is map light location is high.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
paypal or what? do they put out better than the stock chromies? Mine get pretty warm after a while :p

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
Im still workin on a night picture, actually learning how to use my camera...im not very tech savy lol (i still have a casio bolder phone). Lemme work on a picture and then u can decided if its better.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well how about in your honest opinion, was it a upgrade or is it just prettier cause its new? Just wondering if it functions noticably better, pictures would help though.

No rush and thanks

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
Here are the pictures, 3 of in my truck and 3 of in my dads truck. Both trucks are 92-96s, only reason for two sets is because my interior dark red and the light doesnt show up as well in the pics. Sorry for being blurry, i am definatly not a photographer! lol.

My 93:
Dome light only:

Map lights:

Both:

95:
Dome:

Map:

Both:

Yes i have paypal, please if interested let me know what color and if u have just a domelight or ol chromie so i can look for the wiring end (not needed but makes hooking up the map lights easier). Also i can provide a quick how to on hooking the map lights up.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since you don't have black, I'll go with the gray...but, if you by chance find a black assembly, that would be preferred since I imagine it would go better with the red interior. I currently have the chrome dome/map light setup, so based on your first message, I hopefully won't have to do any wiring ;Sweet (this is on an '84, BTW)

Thanks again! What's your E-mail for PayPal? $25 shipped right?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!! ;Sweet ;Sweet ;Sweet

THANK YOU for taking the time to go and look for one, and especially for finding it ;Sweet

I'm about to head off to work, but will PayPal you the $$ as soon as I have your info (probably tonight after I get home from work)...

Thank you again ;Sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online