Feeler: FS: '86 CC DRW, ATS, GV etc...

fanbrain

Reaction score
FS: '86 CC DRW, ATS, GV etc...

EDIT: Truck is now for sale. This post will be linked to in the Classified section.

I've only had the truck since May, and it has been fun to have, but it's a bit impractical. I don't have any trailers to tow, I can't take it 4x4ing because it doesn't have posi-track (and it's 2 wheel drive, duh), I use it to commute and work is less than a mile away (I warm it up longer than it gets driven) and I need something economical for long trips (wifes car just turned over 175k).

I've replaced the IP injectors and return lines (turned up IP 3 flats). I yanked out the radio and put pyro, tranny and boost gauges in its place. I charged the A/C and it sure blows cold! It already had 3" exhaust, but I tore off the muffler and now it sounds fantastic.

It has an ATS non-wastegated turbo (snail shell), C6 auto with a gearvendors splitter, tan interior with a rip where you slide out on both passenger and drivers side front bench. The truck was originally tan and white, but was painted blue. It has a plastic drop-in bedliner and a white metal toolbox. It had a 5th wheel hitch, but was taken out prior to me buying the truck. It also has a normal trailer hitch and brake controller.

Odometer reads 35k, but it could be 135. The truck is in good shape, it just needs tires (previous owner used it to pull cars on a car dolly from St. George Utah to Las Vegas, but didn't use it often. It sat for a month or so.)

I get around 12 mpg in town, but I never go fast enough to use OD, and my trips are very short, and it idles warming up longer than I drive it. I use Shell diesel and Lucas additive to keep everything lubed.

I hate to do it, but we're going to have a baby in a few months then buy a house. I'm using about 2% of this truck and I think someone else should have it that will put it to good use.

What's a good asking price? I want to make back what i've put into it and I thought $3400 would be a good starting point.

I'm going to add some pictures and some videos. I took some videos this afternoon so you could hear the exhaust. That's going to be the part I miss the most. It sure sounds great.

I live in Southern Utah, near St. George.

Last edited:

fanbrain

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Well in my opinion, which a lot don't agree with on truck value, someone is going to get a heck of a deal for $3400. Provided the interior is in decent shape other than the mentioned tears, it should sell quick at that price. I'd buy it myself if I was in the market:D . But with three trucks already, I'd have to find a new place to live when my wife got thru with me:rotflmao .

Good luck with the sale. It's a shame that you have to sell such a nice truck.

Tom

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm with Tom. In my market you could get 4-5000 for that without batting an eye. Most IDIs on the used market around here are beat to heck, won't start, and generally suck. Most are 7.3s so there is the worry of Cavitation. 3400, wish I could take it, but my F250 barely gets enough driving as it is and I should use my money better. Good luck whether you keep it or sell it.
JD

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it wasn't for the fact I already own three CC duallies, I'd be on the next plane to you with the money in hand. At that number you won't be holding onto the truck for long. 4k-4.5 will slow down the buyers a little, and 5k will have them really start fidgeting. There's been a few CC's out here that have been priced at 2k-3k, but none of them had turbos or GV's. Just plain naturally aspirated with c-6 or t-19's.

fanbrain

Reaction score
Update: The truck is now for sale. I have posted an ad in the Marketplace and linked it to this post.

fanbrain

Reaction score
Whoops, look in the marketplace ad for the update.