Factory Turbo Oil Return Line Leaking.

runkeeg26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there an o-ring when it mates back up with the engine i can replace and stop this leaking? What part number is this? or what size would work? Can i get a sized one from any auto part store? Also for the dipstick RTV fix, if i take off the starter can i get at it enough to fix it or is it a bigger job? 1994 ford f350 factory turbo. Thanks guys! Shes been running top just trying to get her from leaking. Then a whole new fuel return line system and glow plugs for the fall and shell be good for the winter. Got to think ahead!

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
Seems to me maybe goofyexponent or someone figured out a part number for the grommet in the valley pan for one that works since it is no longer available from ford. I've got a valley pan with one it it, but good luck getting it out without destroying it, and then you still have to get it back in.

linkman440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your looking for international part # 1819748c1. It will be under a hose for some reason. I've recently had this problem and my local dealer helped me find it.

boxathey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i purchased a fuel return line kit off of type4 and purchased new olives for the turbo oil feed and return line olives (little rubber grommets) you should pm type4 and see if he still has some for sale. It took care of my leaking on the back of the engine

chevytaHOE5674

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are olives for the fuel lines or for the factory turbo oil feed line. If it is leaking on the return side where the pedestal goes into the valley pan then that is NOT what you need. You need that grommet that is NLA.

runkeeg26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay yeah so i need it for the factory turbo oil feed line. Sorry about that. SO just undo the fitting now and place the olive in the fitting? Between the metal line and the shroud/ thing with threads? I took it off and didn't find anyone there left on the fitting on the block and couldn't imagine it being there. I am sorry this is probably the stupidest questions to ever come across this board but i am drawing a blank. Thank you guys for all your help!

chevytaHOE5674

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you back off the brass nut on the line the "olives" will be between either inside that brass nut or between the nut and the flare on the end of the steel line. Often times the olives get stuck in the brass fitting and are a pain to remove. Either way the olives are on the line and not in the block.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.ebay.com/itm/290491084515?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_847wt_905

I ordered these. Would these work? It says it is the same IH # that the guy above provided but couldn't figure out where to put it on the fitting. ( I know very dumb!) Thanks for your help guys!

Those are the Olives that go on the hard line from the filter to the inlet on the injector pump.

If your oil leak is at the valley pan for the oil return from the turbo, then you need a grommet that is no longer available from Ford, an IH dealer may have them. Here is the Ford P/N E3TZ 6A892 A

Be carefull repairing the dip stick leak. I think on the 94's the end can fall into the oil pan. Do a search.

Last edited:

MOWOG

Gearhead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As far as the dipstick leak goes, you can get at it by pulling the RF wheel... easier than removing the starter I think.

runkeeg26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really! That would even be nicer!!! I figure i would back off the threads a bit then smear some rtv in there high temp and let it get to almost tacking up and tightening her down. You think this would take care of her?

runkeeg26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are the worst thing ever to get out! You guys weren't kidding! I swear it turned to plastic!