F600 too heavy to tow?

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone ever pull one with their trucks? Should be around 11k lbs 1985 f600 dump truck. Trying to see if I should give it a go. Of course I have plenty of brake just worried about power

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How far are you goin? It’s gonna be a slow pull but if you are going back roads no problem. I pulled a 8000lbs chipper with my na truck and got on the highway but it was slow on the hills, I imagine with a turbo you would be around the same situation with the additional weight

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My trailer has got to be around 10k and I just pulled it to Florida from NY, plus the truck has around 400# in the bed and 75 gallons of fuel. It wasn't bad, I'd give it a go...

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok cool, makes me feel more confident. Just need to get a wheelbase measurement to make sure it’ll fit on the flat bed

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
anyone ever pull one with their trucks? Should be around 11k lbs 1985 f600 dump truck. Trying to see if I should give it a go. Of course I have plenty of brake just worried about power
did you get your class A lic yet? you have a max weight of 26k/lbs Gross combined on a class "C". With that F600 on your trailer, you're just asking for DOT to have a chat with you.

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you get your class A lic yet? you have a max weight of 26k/lbs Gross combined on a class "C". With that F600 on your trailer, you're just asking for DOT to have a chat with you.
No I haven’t, I normally wouldn’t take this on but it’s only going ten miles that’ll be off highway. But I know I.D like to do it right and get the correct licensing. I’m just trying to get this new venture off the ground and in my area I’ve been swamped with calls.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No I haven’t, I normally wouldn’t take this on but it’s only going ten miles that’ll be off highway. But I know I.D like to do it right and get the correct licensing. I’m just trying to get this new venture off the ground and in my area I’ve been swamped with calls.
if you're out of reach from the DOT you're all good :D
just take it slow. don't be in a hurry.

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You've got a turbo and turned-up pump; you'll be fine. It may be a bit fun starting out; Getting it moving might be a challenge, but once you can put some power to it, it should do fine.

Fozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should be ok, especially if you have 4:10 rear end. My 5'r grosses out at just under 11k and my truck does just fine except on the long steep grades.

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welp sad news guys I buckled and used my big truck n trailer 38ft goosneck : ( thing must’ve been heavy because it takes a lot to slow down the stirling but it did, only Slightly.....
You must be registered for see images attach

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welp sad news guys I buckled and used my big truck n trailer 38ft goosneck : ( thing must’ve been heavy because it takes a lot to slow down the stirling but it did, only Slightly.....
hmmm.....that tow unit doesn't look like an obs IDI.