F250 D60 Swap

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
BTW Goofy it Looks Good and Thanks for the Pics

Thanks! It wasn't as big of a job as I thought, but it was still fin. East coast rust, bolts seized tighter than a bull ass during fly season, and a hefty coating of grease and oil under the engine :rolleyes:

It's a pretty straight forward swap, and I would do it again in an instant if I had an F250 with the TTB suspension!

Knight_3000

Reaction score
Goofy is a supreme believer now in the power of a OTC c-clamp balljoint press.....The best ******* tool I ever bought.:D

LOL I wont Spend the Small fortune OTC wants for theirs But I Intend to get the 1 Harbor freight Has sometime in the Near future

I have Used it and It works Pretty Good

I know I was Complaining about Buyin American But when It comes to Specialty stuff like that I gotta go with the Chinese Stuff Due to Cost:frustrate

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Goofy. Excellent write up! Too bad you will still have to reference this thread at least once a week for every D60 question asked

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Goofy. Excellent write up! Too bad you will still have to reference this thread at least once a week for every D60 question asked

Thanks Brad! I am EXTREMELY happy with the way this makes the truck sit and ride. I posted it on Facebook as well...I'm sure my inbox will be going like wildfire until the next D60 swap thread starts LOL

I may make a plate as BigRig suggested for the passenger side U bolt plate on the axle. Make it out of 1/4" and weld it on, then put the U bolkts back on for a piece of mind. Mine is a little thin, and I can get a piece of 1/4" at home in my garage...

What did you do to lift your truck Brad? Drop the track bar bracket, or get a drop pitman arm? I like the way yours sits up nice and high!

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Thanks Brad! I am EXTREMELY happy with the way this makes the truck sit and ride. I posted it on Facebook as well...I'm sure my inbox will be going like wildfire until the next D60 swap thread starts LOL

I may make a plate as BigRig suggested for the passenger side U bolt plate on the axle. Make it out of 1/4" and weld it on, then put the U bolkts back on for a piece of mind. Mine is a little thin, and I can get a piece of 1/4" at home in my garage...

What did you do to lift your truck Brad? Drop the track bar bracket, or get a drop pitman arm? I like the way yours sits up nice and high!

Your bottom passenger plate is rusted that thin?

My crew cab has a RSK(2.5) and SUPERLIFT(4") w 2 leafs removed per side in the front. And the rear has SKYJACKER(6") w a fitted add-a-leaf in the rear. I have approx 8" total, but i am going to lower it when it get the$$$

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
JUst to add a finishing touch, I bought 3 cans of black undercoating. I sprayed the WHOLE front axle minus the area I need to weld the plate to, then started back the frame rails coating EVERYTHING I could hit with the spray. I got about 1/2 the truck done for under $20, but the body is getting the good stuff...the rust check spray in a can Wally World sells...The frame on this truck is damn near MINT and I want to try and keep it that way for YEARS to come.

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No reason to start a new thread so......

What parts will interchange between the 95-97 D60's and the pre 94 D60's?

Also, Do I need a 350 pitman arm for a swap?

Can I reuse the u-bolts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online