F-series and E-series fuel tanks

jrisingmoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the f-series and e-series have the same fuel tanks? JC Whitney has the 22-gallon rear tank I need but it doesn't say anything about the front tank. I'm guessing that the f-series front would work but I don't know for sure. Anyone know?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think so...the forward tank may be similar, but I'm pretty sure the rear's deeper at the very least (since they don't have to worry about a spare tire being put underneath). The real question is, how similar ar ethe tanks from a mounting perspective?

The forward tank on an E-series is 18 gallons; the rear tank is 22. On an F-series, both tanks are 19 gallons.

FWIW...

OkieGringo

OkieGringo aka Baja
Reaction score
I do not think they are interchangable, but go to this website and get the phone # and call mike. He knows everything and they sell great plastic replacements. even if you want steel you will get info you need. the second website is for Ford parts and the steel tanks a quite a bit cheaper. OkieGringo

www.mtscompany.com

www.fordparts.com

jrisingmoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are the f-series front tanks long and narrow with filler neck on the short side, facing the end of the truck?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
e-series frome widths are a little wider than the f-series. as a result, the rear tanks are a little wider.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.