F-350 C&C question.

Andertusa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if the C&C trucks like my heavy duty F-350 were equipped with the Hydroboost from the factory? I can't get under the hood of mine currently as I bought it with that damned handle in the cab ripped off, one day I'll get around to fixing that. LOL

Andertusa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You sure? My truck IS NOT a 'standard' F-350, it's a 11,000GVW cab & chassis truck like they would've put a UHaul van body on the back.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah we're all sure.we know because the hydroboost is a very good conversion and there's been an few idi guys hitting the yards over the years searching for the setups.it would have been well known and talked about if f350 cab and chassis held the holy grail of superior braking systems too.:D
just the f-super duty/f450's of '87-97 got the 4 wheel disc brakes and hydroboost.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You sure? My truck IS NOT a 'standard' F-350, it's a 11,000GVW cab & chassis truck like they would've put a UHaul van body on the back.
we're 111% sure.
Ford DID NOT add hydroboost brakes until the F-superduty a.k.a the F450.
now *IF* you have 10 actual lugnuts on your "F350" then you are really a F450. Otherwise, unless someone installed it, you have vac brakes. Its really that simple.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I know because my 94 is a C&C. Ordered off the line with everything heavy duty. Still no hydro boost.
I don't quite understand what took ford so long to hear the pop of their head coming out of where the sun don't shine. My 79 Chevy rolled off the line with hydro boost.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 84 Class C motor home don't have hydroboost, and it would be much heavyier than your truck. It does have a large MC, can't remember the bore size, had a heck of a time finding one when I replaced it 10 yrs ago.

Andertusa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you guys, I wasn't sure if maybe the 'beefier' versions like the C&C trucks had them. Like I've said before, I ain't done much wrenching on these trucks, most of my wrenching has been on stuff like my 76 390-4BBL C6 9inch F-150.

The truck I was asking about I bought maybe 12-13 years ago and had a plan to do something with, but I ain't really looked at it much since other than standing there, looking at it and 'dreaming' . cookoo

Andertusa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can find one that's a 'suitable' candidate, whether it be in 'rough' shape, but rebuildable or too expensive. :rotflmao

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
You don't need to "look under the hood". Just get under the rig and look at the power steering pump. See if it has 2 low pressure return lines to the reservoir. I'm also sure while under there you can actually see the brake booster area too. Just takes being on your back for a while...

Andertusa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't need to "look under the hood". Just get under the rig and look at the power steering pump. See if it has 2 low pressure return lines to the reservoir. I'm also sure while under there you can actually see the brake booster area too. Just takes being on your back for a while...

Sounds good . . . . in theory, in reality, she's in the weeds with Thistle growing in-front of it. :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online