Extreme Peformance

zigzkidz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking throught the prostreet diesel rules for a local pulling club and it gave me an idea, what would the high hp cummins guys think of a old 6.9 beating them i dont think they would like it to much, i was think of idea how to make a high performance 6.9/7.3 , i have injection pumps off of a 3208 cat which could be made to work, then i can run water injection i have a pump to do it, then i have a bunch of turbos i could use. What do u guys think, any suggestions

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I was looking throught the prostreet diesel rules for a local pulling club and it gave me an idea, what would the high hp cummins guys think of a old 6.9 beating them i dont think they would like it to much, i was think of idea how to make a high performance 6.9/7.3 , i have injection pumps off of a 3208 cat which could be made to work, then i can run water injection i have a pump to do it, then i have a bunch of turbos i could use. What do u guys think, any suggestions

Thats the basic idea, but it gets complicated fast. Lots of power requires lots of fuel, especially if you use a Cat 3208 pump. Lots of fuel means high EGT's, so you'll need lots of boost to keep EGT's down. Lots of boost means head studs, and lower compression pistons. See how things get complicated, one thing gets changed, then another will.

zigzkidz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there good in pulling tractors. I emailed hypermax to find out specific on there high performance 6.9/7.3 and i also asked how much it would cost to build one for me and they said $30,000!!!!!!!!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's not a bad price. Seems you usually need about 50K to buy a race or pulling engine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online