extention

vanet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I was trying to stop the leaking on a couple of injectors, and when I went to pull the first injector on the passanger side, there was an extention piece on the injector, about 1.25 in long that screwed on to the injector and the the line screwed onto it. What is it for? there arnt any on the other injectors, nor did my new set come with one. Any help would be appreciated. Also is there any option for some metal more durable caps for the injectors that the return lines go to. Thanks

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Timing adapter/spacer, can't remember the name but that is what it is there for.

dsltech83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I was trying to stop the leaking on a couple of injectors, and when I went to pull the first injector on the passanger side, there was an extention piece on the injector, about 1.25 in long that screwed on to the injector and the the line screwed onto it. What is it for? there arnt any on the other injectors, nor did my new set come with one. Any help would be appreciated. Also is there any option for some metal more durable caps for the injectors that the return lines go to. Thanks
That is the adapter that is used with the rotunda timing meter we have here in the dealerships. No metal caps are available for these engines, although there is a member working on some.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
That timing adapter must be inplace or that line will be too short. What you can do is buy a number one injector line for a van. Those lines are made differantly but... That timing adajpter is still found on the van engines. Its on the number 4 injector instead of number one. Its that way just for ease of reaching an injector for timing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stubburnjd1

Members online

No members online now.