Exhaust

Standstrong

Frankentruck
Reaction score
I have a stock exhaut thats falling apart. Ive seen only a few within my year of truck available...

This hypermax
http://www.gohypermax.com/ProductDisplay.aspx?ID=45c9b6ab-92d0-41ef-9a98-6fb5278b7c0f

This Dynomax
http://www.stylintrucks.com/part.aspx?category|category_root|-28=Performance&category|cat_-28|161=Exhaust+Systems&canned_results_trigger=&partfamilyid=3117&partid=522860

Now are these good systems? Or does anyone recomend anything else?

New to the diesel world, First Diesel truck so bare with me :D

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
the hypermax is good but if you have a turbo you can fab up a straight pipe and it wont be horribly loud if you are na then straight pipes will test your ears pretty good. all you need is some exhaust pipe and access to a short arc or mig machine and it will be way cheaper

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
the hypermax is good but if you have a turbo you can fab up a straight pipe and it wont be horribly loud if you are na then straight pipes will test your ears pretty good. all you need is some exhaust pipe and access to a short arc or mig machine and it will be way cheaper

everyone says that, but i really dont think a n/a 6.9 or 7.3 straight piped sounds that bad, i mean i may be crazy but i love the way they sound

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
personally the best sound i have found is a 3 in pipe coming from the y back to a busted glass pack and out the back end. put a big ass tip at the end i have 8'' but 5'' or 6'' sounds good to. like i said the local muffler shop should be able to get you exhaust pipe and with a little skill on a mig welder your done. have to make miters or buy fittings to get it over the axle but it will be cheaper than having the shop do it.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
dyoung i like the way they sound that way until you reach the very top end of rpms and a busted pack turns that "rasp" more "rumbley"

idk i like the way it sounds when i wind it to the rev limiter then push the clutch in and shift gears and it has that raspy sound and popping when the rpm drops:sly music to my ears:dunnoLOL

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
the only prob i have with stacks is that they are right behind your ears and everyone is starting to get them i have to have a different truck than everyone elses stacks are fairly simple, actually any exhaust is fairly simple when under the truck but you still havent said if you have a mig welder and can weld.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, yes and no, dual chrome stacks are a me-too accessory on trucks indeed, but you can always be one of us badasses and run a single stack - heck, mine is slant-cut and I even put a clapper on top of it, and also painted it baby blue to match the side stripes of my truck, methinks that's pretty darn unique :D

Smokey73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back in '97 I took ol' Russel to the muffler shop and had 'em run tru duals through a set of 18'' glass packs and out a set of 4 1/2'' cowboy cut chrome tips. At first they were just loud, but after a few times of running a water hose up the pipes, it just sounded badass. 10 years later, it just rumbles deep and low at all rpm's.

Standstrong

Frankentruck
Reaction score
Thats actually what i would want if I ran stacks would be a single pipe on the passenger side. Por truck right now sounds rough, nice size hole in the exhaust and the muffler is pealing apart. I have only had it for about 3 months. It was a service truck for an Erector company. Has a little over 330,000 on it. Just breaking it in haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brb5

Members online