exhaust manifold bolts/studs-nuts

dieselpower63

Reaction score
Hi guys, super new to this forum. Joined recently due to my dumb removal of the cork seal holding the thermostat check ball in. Found a great mod, followed the directions and voilá, success. Please forgive if this posting is in the wrong spot, I take correction well ;) Where can I purchase new exhaust manifold hardware for an 85 F250 6.9l? NAPA and O'Riellys were no help. Anyone know? Thanks. Dieselpower63

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I have seen them on ebay listed by the uhaul center called utech center I think. These exhaust manifold bolts are a special thread. They are an interferance thread. They turn in hard but they stay in and wont back out with all the heat and cool cycles. Ford and international still sell them too.

dieselpower63

Reaction score
Thanks to icanfixall

Thank you for your prompt reply! My son and I are enjoying our first diesel. We have had very good luck with it doing all the work ourselves, and are very appreciative of the help we have found through your site. If the bolts are in good shape would reusing them be iffy or acceptable? Thanks again.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
If they are in good shape power wire brush them.. Apply some anti sieze and install them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online