Ever seen a big lifted 2wd?

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Actually alot (if not all) the factory rims have little inserts in the lug holes that you can knock out with a hammer and punch. But if you do that, they'll oval themselves out any damn ways.

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
Q: Sir, This vehicle is in no way safe. No one should be driving this thing with that amount of body lift and bald tires. The biggest legal body lift you can have is 4 inches.
A: Thanks for the info

lmao

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just when I think I've seen the most craptacular setup, something like this comes along.....

I especially like this part of his description:

IT LOOKS LIKE A BIG 4X4, BUT WITH BETTER GAS MILEAGE
Keep telling yourself that, sunshine;Really

In his (VERY LIMITED) defence, lifting a twin I beam is a dumb idea due to alignment issues, so if the original suspension and steering geometry is unchanged it would have gotten good tire life. Well, if it wasn't for the floaty lift that causes the truck to creak in the wind, or the fubared superduty wheels that probably roll like a barrel wrapped in chains. (how the heck did he afford those rims in the first place..... Maybe I don't want to know.:dunno)

EDIT:

Q: Sir, This vehicle is in no way safe. No one should be driving this thing with that amount of body lift and bald tires. The biggest legal body lift you can have is 4 inches.
A: Thanks for the info

lmao

I totally missed that:rotflmao

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Hell, 1 pic shows 2 lug nuts MISSING! lol Wouldnt be a bad beater truck if you made it safe....IE: remove body lift and install correct wheels and tires

John

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
Looking at the close up photos. the studs are off center in the holes, and the tapered lug nuts just catch the edge of the hole.

http://www.use.com/showorig.pl?set=fd9e68e5e59b127b698f&p=12

http://www.use.com/showorig.pl?set=fd9e68e5e59b127b698f&p=16

This truck looks like it was built by an inexperiance teenager, with lot's of ambition and very little money. This is the kind of stuff I would have done back when I didn't have any money and before I knew any better.
Who else sees alittle bit of them in this truck? Be honest.....

Looked a little to me like they put cone seat lugs on mag wheels... :dunno

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
Yeah. In high school I could afforf a 4wd but wanted the look. So here is my 83 f350
You must be registered for see images attach

Why is everyone ashamed when that happens:rotflmao

Oval out the holes till they fit on the studs:***::idiot::***::idiot:

That looks similar to the truck I had in high school. 1983 f-100, it was 2wd but I lifted it an ran 33's. It was even the same color.:thumbsup:

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hell, 1 pic shows 2 lug nuts MISSING! lol Wouldnt be a bad beater truck if you made it safe....IE: remove body lift and install correct wheels and tires

John

Sure, but what about the fubared stuff you CAN'T see in the photos?

Its a mechanic's special, thats for sure.

87crewdually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see stupid stuff like that here at the pismo dunes all the time. kinda funny, but it does work to an extent. If those guys keep their speed up they may not get stuck.

I hear yah, if it had paddles and 1200+ hp:sly. But an idi with those big meats it would be tough.

To pick this truck up for 1100 then part out the tire/wheel combo and return it to a stock economy cruiser would be my option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online