Enterprise moving

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Well,If all goes according to plan I am gonna be seen behind the wheel of an IDI for atleast a few minutes this weekend.I am gonna bring the Enterprise home where I can actually work on it and get the wiring straightned out,Do some minor things like rust prevention/repair,and just get it outta the weeds.I hope she ain't too pissed at me for putting her in the field for so long.....and I hope there isn't any grungy stuff growing in the fuel tanks.....Don't want to get half way though the trip and she die again.Hey,Travis,what tank did you have it on when you loaded her?Big tank or one of the little ones?The selector isn't powered so it is where you left it.Gonna catch hell from the folks(mainly aunt that has no idea I even own the E.) but I wanna get her outta the field so I can work on her here durring the week.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
It defaults to the big tank in the bed - did it this way because of the sheer mileage you can get out of that tank. Because it's easier on the solenoid by being OFF more than it's ON. So when it has power applied to it you would be sucking from the factory OEM fuel system, when NO power is applied to the add on solenoid then your sucking from the Argve Fuel System.

The return lines switch as well so that means the Argve Fuel System works just like another factory OEM tank - means that if that tank is selected to pull fuel from it then it will return the unsed fuel to that tank as well.

No there is no gauge for Argve Fuel System - you just keep track of the miles covered and guess LOL When you feel her spitter and sputter you very very quickly flip the switch and hold steady pressure on the go pedal - this way maybe it won't die on you if it does then just pop her in neutral and start cranking - typically you can get her restarted by the time you coast to a complete stop LOL LOL LOL Makes for some fun hair raising driving once in a while...

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been there, dun that. Stalled at 75 miles an hour on the interstate pulling 3 horses to Florida from Macon. 1/3 of the smaller tank. Noticed the problem immediately since I was scanning the instruments anyway... RPM went to 0... uh oh. Flipped the switch and she (thank God!) immediately restarted.

Amazing, that sound of the truck coasting at 75 with no engine...

Gonna have to drop the tanks. Nowadays I carry 5 gallons of diesel whenever I travel with the truck.

Freight_Train

Reaction score
Actually,her mega tank does have a gauge remember?The dipstick which is still right where you left it.I used it right after I recieved her.To be exact,thanks to you we got our race car ready.I slurpled 5 gallons outta the big tank for the Torpedo.Remind me not to do that again.Yankee Diesel is rank when burned in a torpedo heater.What kinda winter additives do they put in it up yonder?Had the same problem with the deuce and a half......That first tank burned my eyes worst than a Mack!

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
What do you mean Yankee diesel??? Last fill up was down south - remember she started knocking on the way home - so that is actually your brand of fuel there padiwon...

Freight_Train

Reaction score
whitehorse said:
Well its good to hear that she's get some attention!! Tim

Yea,I still have to finish putting white lightnings Loaner engine together.Got the last parts I need(I hope) from ATS.Ordered 2 Oil Drain Grommets for the turbo pedistal(Spares are good!!).Saturday I plan to be helping my dad put out Campagn signs for his running for City Councel.Sunday,I'll be slinging wrenches and torqueing bolts!

But more on the E.I did go out today with a set of jumpers but couldn't get to the truck since there are two POSs blocking my way.A Trooper(I think!) and a Sunfart.And the new guest I found in the door jam on the drivers side....4 cute little Red Wasp.And they didn't want to leave!THANK GOD they are Red and not Guinne(SP?) wasp.

Freight_Train

Reaction score
argve said:
What do you mean Yankee diesel??? Last fill up was down south - remember she started knocking on the way home - so that is actually your brand of fuel there padiwon...

Cross Contamination! :D

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Freight_Train said:
Cross Contamination! :D

Get that Yank fuel outta there! Yo' trucks new home is in the South now!

(Don't tell my wife about this thread! She's from <hush>... Illinois!)

Freight_Train

Reaction score
Mikes91 said:
Get that Yank fuel outta there! Yo' trucks new home is in the South now!

(Don't tell my wife about this thread! She's from <hush>... Illinois!)

Yep,Salt free south!Poor Travis,All the abuse he gets now days.... ;p