Engine removal

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
IIRC, you can use the van oil coolers in a truck, but not the other way around. The van (and International application) oil coolers sit closer to the engine for clearance. At the shop I used to work in, I'd slide one fork off our forklift and use it to pull a 6.9 out of a van. Just remove the oil fill tube. It saved a lot of work. In a truck, I never remove any of the body. Just the radiator, jack handle if the original one's still there, and the pulleys off of the water pump and balancer. It's tight but seems to be a lot faster. I used to be able to replace a na IDI, test drive it, get it out the door, and clean up the mess in a 9 hour work day in that shop. Just not in a van and only in a Ford.

mr_smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually sent the engine back a couple days ago. I didn't think I could use the van cooler in the truck and Im not sure if the trucks oil coller is the problem or not.

I appreciate all the advice here, made getting the engine out a breeze.

I would appreciate if you guys have any thoughts on whats wrong with the other engine..
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/sh...esel-down-on-side-of-road&p=772418#post772418

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.