Engine install revisited

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
argve said:
You're gonna have to show me when we get out to the 05 event how you're able to yank an engine so quick - takes me till noon just to get the freak'n accessories off and out of the way so I can even think about yanking an engine... And I'm not even a union maint mechanic... What you got on that thing quater turn fasteners ;p LOL

Travis,

It's all about air brother :D
Well to makes things easier, the motor has been out twice and the trans has been 3 times. No rusty bolts left in those areas. :backoff
I've got it down to a science and have a good rythem going on getting things out and do not have to wait for the radiator fluid or others. I can get things out of there with about 8 sockets and the handy Craftsman air wratchet that Karen got me for Christamas. :D (Tolerant good woman) That got the motor out in no time flat. What took the longest was head removal, prep and reinstall. No screwing around there. That's why I yanked the plant.

I would be more than happy to share any info I might have acquired. cookoo

Mel, please no swonking on this but hear me out on this one. :angel:

After evaluating the "what needs to be done to keep up" list:

-Replace transmission due to cracked mount tab and bearing fatigue (getting worse)
-Replace/repair the bed, front fenders and cab corners, floor pan at the rear seatbelt mounts
-Have front end checked over and rebuilt as needed
-Repaint
-Repair drivers side window motor (2nd in a year)
-repair rear wheel cylinder-will get done asap

Think that's about all that has been found now but really wanting a 4x4 for the area we live i'ts about a necessity in the winter. Burried the Beef 2 times and not fun to dig out either. :mad:

I know the list is not very long considering what it was 6 weeks ago, but for the amount of time and funds needed to get there, it is gonna be a little easier with putting the ole gal aside as Karen now wants to keep it around as a donor/parts truck :eek:

The 90 has a few issues that need to be addressed also but will be a little easier less expense and less time constraining as I have a house that needs to be finished soon. Otherwise I might be living in the pickup. :eek:

Ok nuff for now

Ron

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That 90 is a nice truck, and making your current truck 4x4 would be a bit of work, and with a parts truck around the 90 will be even better. With a little TLC, the 90 will be a really sharp truck. Good luck and have fun, that is what it is all about. Scotty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online