Engine Hoists

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMHO, and it's not that humble, removing the bumper and front clip makes it easiest to remove engine.

Now that being said, I'd say any reasonable 2K hoist should be ok. Inspect all the welds if you buy one new or used.

I've found some to be ahem...kinda not so well/ded if you now what I mean.

The plywood method of rolling along works awesome. It is relatively easy to move an engine though it takes a bit of effort.

Getting a forklift is the best or front end loader...or that rail machine...ya ya that's the ticket.

Goodluck with what ever you use.

Oh....and post lots of pics too especially if you use that rail machine!

USNENFTS

U.S. Navy Engineman
Reaction score
Sooooo, they said I could only use it there on the museum property.... I was like okay, I'll go get my mules and they can pull me through downtown to the museum shop. Can my truck sit there for a few weeks? I came up with a different plan. The end of my driveway has about 15 feet of concrete so I just rolled the truck out there and did this..... Then pulled the trailer with a buddies truck right to the engine and parked the engine in the trailer.

You must be registered for see images attach

I ain't got time to take the front of the truck apart, this is easier, to just lift it up over the top haha! I'm putting the engine back together today.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well get on it. We are waiting.....
Revelie revelie. All hands heave up and thrice out
Uniform of the day is as follows. Delo 400, RTV, diesel fuel, and SCA