En theory...

austin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As some of you may, or may not know, I'm currently doing a semi restoration on my F-Superduty. The following is in regards to obtaining a parts truck, sans putting a dent in my wallet.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/2467505114.html

If I get into this truck for, let's say, $900...

Parts I want:
-Doors (power windows & door panels, these doors also appear to be straighter than mine)
-Headlights (chrome trim)
-Grill (chrome trim)
-Hood (I'm having issues with mine - too much filler for my taste!)
-Bench seat (cupholders!)
-Tailgate (Don't have one)
-Rear bumper (Also don't have)
-Rear sliding window
-Interior plastic trims (paint to match, adds a touch of higher trim & sound deadening)
-Misc little odds and ends
-Headliner, visors (I don't have a headliner & my visors are vinyl.. I can color match them easily)

I'm sure there are other parts I can think of pulling off. I'm thinking I could really put this truck to use.

Anywho, part the rest out or scrap the body for close to $300 give or take. Think it will be worth my while?

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks good but 900 for a non running single cab is kind of high in my opinion. If you wait for the right deal and are not in a hurry you can fins something much nicer for much cheaper.

I've picked up some near mint trucks for less than that. Its just a waiting game.

Also if you are looking for anytging pm me a list, I probably have it or know where to get it lol.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
do yourself a favor Austin. Go to LMC Truck and make a list of all the parts you need to do your restoration.

You will find there are certain parts that are really cheap and some that are stupidly expensive. Remember tho, those are BRAND new parts. When looking for a parts truck it gives you a little better idea of what everything is worth.

I also agree with gonecrazy, for $1000 you can get a nearly perfect gas powered f-series with no engine/trans. But go check out the actual truck in question... doors and things might look good in the picture, when you get there the rust holes and dents show up.

Drew

wjamesm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'am in the process of doing the same thing to my 94 F-Superduty 4x4 dump .Most of the superdutys that i have seen are customs = no extras . I bought a 95 XLT F-150 out of Jersey and am transferring over all of the XLT stuff to the superduty , chrome grill and headlight bezels , power windows and door locks , seats and XLT trim . Paid $400 for the running truck . 2wd and 300 six with a five speed . Once i am finshed with it i can sell it for scrap for what i paid for it .