Electrical connector ID help...please..

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I've got this mess of spaghetti all over the garage floor. I have most of it figured out except a couple connectors.

First up this one.

You must be registered for see images attach

It's capped off so I don't think it was in use. It's attached to the horn wire so location would be drivers side front in the vicinity of the headlight. One of the headlight wires is pigtailed to it so maybe a driving light connector???

Then there is this guy.

No idea what it's for. Heavy power wires. I don't think it was in use either. It would be over around the drivers fender.

Then there is this guy.

Over on the pass fender. I think it plugs into something in the heater controls (there's a plug hanging there) but I'm not entirely sure what it does. There seems to be an extra pin. I'm sure I can run it down with the wire code.

Any help is appreciated.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drl? Driving lights? Seems like a lot of wires for that. I forgot to mention it's a brick nose harness.

Guess I'll have to chase the color codes.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
one of the many reasons I cut all that crap out!

pafixitman

Reaction score
Drl? Driving lights? Seems like a lot of wires for that. I forgot to mention it's a brick nose harness.

Guess I'll have to chase the color codes.
Daytime Running Lights. IRC - Canada required, same harness on both US and Canada trucks. That would be my guess on that plug also. I can look at my truck but it won't be till Sunday. If you are in the area tomorrow you can stop by and look- I just won't be here. Shoot me a text or email and I can leave the truck unlocked. Erica will be home after 1 today if you wanted to drive up.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer Joe. I bet that's what it is. I'll be getting rid of several things and adding a few back looks like.

CEDRICWARD

Reaction score
See my post above yours.

I took and entire wiring harness out of a truck in a junk yard hoping to replace mine that shorted out. I found that it had some burned areas in the fuse box so I just unwrapped it to see where all the wires went to trace them using the wiring diagram I bought (as explained in above post to weird dash electrical issue
pointb912, Jan 18, 2017).

I found lots of strange connectors that my truck didn't have, but you can usually figure out where they go to if you see how it fits in the truck.

A wiring nightmare if you don't unwrap the harness as many wires split off into two and also double back. You will also see the weak points or broken wires.

Be careful not to crack your connectors as they will be old and brittle.

You may want to go to a junk yard to get another harness or at least see where the wires go

Aeromotive Services
[email protected]
(224) 535-9220

may have connectors and info on how to use new ones.
They don't work on harnesses on vehicles as old as ours.
We're considered OBSOLETE at all the parts stores

Last edited:

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Second one is for trailer wiring IIRC, third is maybe ac harness connector.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rob you win. That sure looks like it.

Not sure what the second one is but trailer power is a good bet. It was not used previously. The third one plugs in at the heater box. Sorted that out. The other one that had me was the one for the old alternator, AC compressor and tach sensor.

Think I'm all sorted now.

Thanks for the help guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel

Members online