Electric Lift Pump

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Filter head fuel lines are 1/4 npt on a 7.3 filter head. I'm running a 40222. I ported out the openings on my fuel pump so as not to cause any extra restrictions.

Edit. Fuel pump fittings. I ported out the fuel pump fittings I used just to be clear.

Last edited:

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
There it is! I'm pretty sure you're the one that straightened me out when I was doing my install. 1/8" NPT on pump and 1/4" NPT on filter head.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another fun fact. Not all the schrader valves on the filter heads are the same size. I have two heads currently. One is 1/16" npt. One is 1/8" npt. Found that out the hard way when I was trying to get my truck started.

IDI_Journeyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe this is the part number your looking for. On YouTube there's a man by the name of Mike Grn. He has quite a few IDI videos and a lot of knowledge to offer. He also has a video on an electric lift pump. Hope this helps

You must be registered for see images attach

raydav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there any benefit to running an style connections before and after the pump to the filter or just use rubber hose? Seems like the rubber hose and those tapered connections could come loose.

AN is overkill. The only rubber hose I use is a short length from the frame to the block. Everything else is compression fittings.

Here are four pictures. The pump is on the frame. I have used a bunch of that type and they have held up very well. The filter with the bowl replaced the filter that Ford put on the engine. The thing that looks like an oil filter is for the transmission. The forth pic is various part numbers for a pressure switch to control both an oil pressure light and the fuel pump relay. You are going to use a relay, right?

https://goo.gl/photos/LJNV4esgmYmSzKdL8

Last edited:

raydav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup... Up high(without a turbo anyway), you lose power because of the lack of air. A NA IDI is already limited by air more than anything else.

Now, you go way up in the mountains. The air pressure drops. The spring now has to work harder to force that diaphragm back, and because of that it loses just a little output pressure.
---
That's just my theory. Could be completely off, but this seems to make some sense.

Are you sure supply pump pressure makes any difference. My van goes from below sea level to 11.5K feet. The engine never had a mechanical supply pump. My supply pump is wired so that oil pressure will turn it on, or I can turn it on when the engine is not running, or I can deactivate it. I have sometimes had the pump deactivated, drove with the pump not running, and could not tell the difference. The IP pulled fuel from the tank, thru the supply pump, with the pump not running.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
My Duralift keeps the same pressure on Flat Top in the smokies as is does here in southern Ohio. Oddly enough, EGT's run cooler in the mountains with the same ambient air temp and highway speeds. Running N/A.

mackmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not had to adjust the timeing on my injector pump since installing my electric lift pump. It runs exactly the same as before.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online