Electri Lift pump for 90cc?

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wondered that. The other thing is that since it’s 1/8 npt, most of those fittings have tiny holes through them. I drilled all my fittings out to about as large as I could. It’s not like it’s a high pressure system needing heavy wall fittings. Swagelok stuff is notorious for that. Most of their fittings are rated for 2-3k psi.

I was thinking about if you could drill them out or not because CLB brought up the small fitting size in my thread about my fuel filter light kicking on on hills.

How much bigger would you say you made the holes? I assume you used a drill press?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about if you could drill them out or not because CLB brought up the small fitting size in my thread about my fuel filter light kicking on on hills.

How much bigger would you say you made the holes? I assume you used a drill press?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don’t remember for sure. I used a lathe because I had one. I used swagelok compression on the inlet side. It’s 3/8 tube to 1/8 npt. I’m sure I bored it through to at least 1/4”. Maybe a little bigger. I don’t have a fitting handy to measure but 0.1 wall thickness should be more than sufficient if you don’t go gorilla on it and if you are using brass I’d add a little more margin not for pressure but just mechanical strength to not have it break off from vibration.

gerlbaum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Reactions: Clb

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is not true, it reads post filter
https://goo.gl/images/k7XhYP
Really? I thought the fuel enters the header unfiltered and the Schrader valve is tapped right into the inlet passage?

If it is post-filter then the return port is actually filtering the air first before its returned, which seems odd they would design it that way but then again...they also took away perfectly useful gauges for dummy gauges.

gerlbaum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One other thing I like about it, it's a big enough bowl to act like a surge tank you use to see on gas carb'd cars. If you hit a turn ******* a low tank and suck air up your intake this would allow you to still be pulling diesel since our tanks aren't baffled.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@gerlbaum was just trying to keep some crud from the pump tanks kinda old and dirty, @The_Josh_Bear carter 4070 pump. Also I thought that is where fuel pressure is tested? I could move it over to the other port then is there where pressure is after filter?

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
https://goo.gl/images/k7XhYP
Really? I thought the fuel enters the header unfiltered and the Schrader valve is tapped right into the inlet passage?

If it is post-filter then the return port is actually filtering the air first before its returned, which seems odd they would design it that way but then again...they also took away perfectly useful gauges for dummy gauges.
Let me rephrase, the vacuum sensor port reads outlet pressure, the others are inlet side