Eldorado Tire by Cooper

LA350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are these any good? I have been looking for new tires ever since I had 2 Generals delaminate while driving. :mad:

I stopped by several shops and prices varied all over the map but the best deal was on the Eldorado 10 ply by Cooper. I heard good stuff about Coopers and I ran a set of AT on a Jeep I once had and liked them.

On shop was pushing Chapperall Commercial hwy tire by Delta telling me I'll never by another brand tire after these. :rolleyes:

I am kinda short on cash so as much as I would rather have a set of Michellins I have to work w/ my cash limit.

Thanks~

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had one last two years before seperating. mind you my '92 does a fair amount of sitting but when driven, it gets pushed hard. CC dually fronts take some serious punishment due to the weight and the cornering, I've used El Dorados for a few years due to the desire to keep the same tread pattern. I've recently went back to Cooper SRM2 and have been pretty happy with the wear pattern. I've had miserable results with the SRM1's on my towtrucks, every one seperated when they got below 50% tread life. One gatored bad enough that it tore off my passenger side running board.
If you can, take a closer look at the SRM2, the quasi rib pattern really does help the stability and steering of a CC dually.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which El Dorado ?? the ZTR maybe ??

The ZTR is a REAL good tire.

El Dorado are pretty good stuff whatever the tread design.

One thing for sure = no radial tire will perform well with intermittent/seasonal use; they just can't abide sitting around for long spells and will shed their skin like a snake or the belts will soon twist; for intermittent/seasonal use, BIAS are by far the best choice.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't speak to that particular tire but I had a set of Futura by cooper on my ranger and they did well, never a problem with them, and that truck was sometimes worked more like a 1/2 ton truck and was a DD before I got my diesel. On my 250 I have a set of Coopers(can't remember which sub brand) and they have around 34,000 on them, they're great, no problems with them although the front ones have worn pretty bad with that worn out D50 IFS axle and less than perfect alignment.

LA350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are Eldorado Sport Fury M/S The tire guy said he mounted lots of these and folks are pretty happy with them. @244.00 out the door I cannot complain.
They look like the Discoverer I had before
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a set of Chaperalls on my old tow truck. Had I known where to buy them I probably would have bought another set. I took them off simply because they were worn out.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are Eldorado Sport Fury M/S The tire guy said he mounted lots of these and folks are pretty happy with them. @244.00 out the door I cannot complain.
They look like the Discoverer I had before
You must be registered for see images

I wish folks around here would pay $244 for tires like that; I could sell a couple sets and retire.LOL

Is that price per-tire ?? American dollars ??

What size ??

Thanks.

howards@howard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tire prices

Mann You got to get a new tire dealer

TOYO's AT's Supposedly the only one with steel side walls 80000 mile grantee $ 165 per wheel last winter They ware forever

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
I have a set of cooper something or others on my cc srw and they where on it when I bought it 7 months and 10k miles ago, been great daily driving and towing. just my input.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I don't know if they ever got their act straightened out, but for a while there, I never saw a Cooper tire that didn't have an out of round case. After a while the things would get to the point where they would either throw the belt or they would just get to where you would no longer be able to balance them.sure kept me from ever putting one on any of my vehicles.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.