EBPV sticking closed

scarr133

Reaction score
THis normally only happens when its cold out, like now, but it seems to be sticking more now than normal. Any idea on how to fix or adjust this?

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
if you have a SD unplug the wire going to it and then make sure the thing is fully open by moving the linkage by hand. mine was hung up.

i dunno how the OBS ones are.

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
Mine was stickeing shut and just would not open at all once in a while. I finally got it to do it when I had my budies OTC Genisis and it was reading very low backpresure when it was stuk closed. I removed the backpressure sensor (on end of stailess steel tube by water pump) and cleaned out the totaly pluged up tube and it has not happened again. Take of the ensor and start the truck. You should have a good flow from the tube. If not, clean it out.
Ken

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clean the EBP sensor tube, it can get clogged with soot. It is located on the bottom side of the right exh manifold and runs up to the front of the engine near the HPOP.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
When I cleaned out the tube on my '96 with +250 k mi on it too was plugged.....I found and old section of speedo cable and chucked it up in a cordless drill....liberally soaked with PBlaster I was able to auger out the tube till it was clean...a.3/16" drill bit {if memory serves} cleaned ot the fitting at the manifold....

hope this helps the next guy :cheers:

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did the replacement install for the EBPS and tube and the EBPV hasn't stuck yet. Thanks for the link Stroker!
Youre welcome scarr, glad it worked for you.

geo- I did pretty much the same procedure with my EBP tube on the 95. It worked good and I think I just bought a 12-14" chunk of light duty cable at the hardware store and used the drill and carb cleaner for lube. I did finally end up gutting the whole shebang out when I rebuilt the turbo a couple years later.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.