EBay injectors

Smokey73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pensecola diesel has a set of poppers w/a return line kit for $128. Sounds good to me, I've been having good luck w/ their reman injectors in one of my trucks so far.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just returned a set of reman G code injectors from Pensacola. Nothing but junk. Checked the pop pressure on the first four and they did nothing but squirt, popped at 900 PSI. Took the first one apart and it was full of rust, second one was the same. Sent them back cost of $14.95 shipping, charged 10% restocking fee of $25. I would never buy anything else from them. %^$@* Pensacola. Pay your money and takes your chances. I'm damn sure they were never remaned.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ouch.how long ago was this oldbull?
during the last year + i haven't been reading anything but good results from these guys.
i know i wouldn't buy their injector install kit again though.leak after leak.but even these reports seem rare.only one other guy shares the same trouble over on FTE with it.
on a side note; i just payed 8.40 per injector from U-haul,and received those today.they don't "look" rebuilt.they look new? not sure how they cleaned up old injectors so well.but im not complaining.:D

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
ouch.how long ago was this oldbull?
during the last year + i haven't been reading anything but good results from these guys.
i know i wouldn't buy their injector install kit again though.leak after leak.but even these reports seem rare.only one other guy shares the same trouble over on FTE with it.
on a side note; i just payed 8.40 per injector from U-haul,and received those today.they don't "look" rebuilt.they look new? not sure how they cleaned up old injectors so well.but im not complaining.:D

i injectors i got from uhaul were new too.

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
within the past year or so though? or from reports way back along.that's the question.hmmm.

johneich

John, 1983 F250
Reaction score
This was just 45 days ago, I had three leaky return caps from them and my local deisel injection shop charged me $80.00 to adjust them, wish I had bought new BBs and used Typ4s return line kit, Oh well, next time......

Last edited:

Smokey73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the last set i got from them came in delphi boxes and looked new. I thought I had ordered the remans and was confused, but I didn't complain. They've been in that truck for over a year now and the truck runs great. I've heard lots of bad things about PD and I've also heard lots of people say they had a good experience. Personally I had a good experience. I was just wondering if it was a good price.

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
after two of those kits and now seeing yet another fuel line leaking again.i grabbed this off amazon,because i had new injectors too,not just to fix the leak;
Delphi 7135-276 Injector Installation Kit

they provide real fuel hose with this kit i see.looks 10X better for those interested.just got it in today.
thats for the newer 7.3l.
the older kit 6.9 (some early 7.3l) use diff caps.i can't remember which part # it is.but amazon doesn't have it anyway.just that one.for now at least.

edit.
well holy crap,that was fast.ok they do show another part number from Delphi now.either i missed it just a few days ago,or they did add it.
so check it out.look it up and make sure its right year for your engine.
tip; never trust amazons built in application thing.
i think i looked at orielys for the part numbers last week.

anyway.they're priced good,and my kit looks way better than the ones i got from pensecola.
im sick of fuel leaks all the time already.:D

Last edited:

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, I have some recent experience. I had been hanging onto 2 sets of remans, one purchased because you guys were kind enough to let me know about the Uhaul clearance sale. Of the set of 16 most of the Uhaul injectors pop tested about right, workmanship looked good. I got 5 good ones, 2 acceptable ones and 1 bad one out of that batch. The Pensacola batch had 3 good ones, and a couple OK ones. The fuel injection guy I was working with explained as I've often heard here, remans is a highly subjective term and it can mean anything from just cleaned up and never really fixed, to reground, to a whole new nozzle. Anyway I got those Uhaul injectors cheap and the whole set from Pensacola was only 108 bucks with free shipping. Yes i would buy Uhaul or Pensacola again but I would always test remans before installation. Let the buyer beware! As for me I now have my matched set that pops at 2100+-50 psi. Just have to find the time to install them. The return kits probably have old natural or n-butyl rubber orings and cheap fuel hose. Buy orings from Typ4 or just get the full kits from him, the new fuel eats marginal return kits, if you run bio or waste oils it's even worse. I'm soon to be experimenting with Tygon return hose and Typ4's viton orings. Hopefully this means no more leaks.

DOE-SST

1994 E350
Reaction score
I bought a reman IP from them last summer.

It was a Sherwin-Williams overhaul.

Cleaned up to look nice on the outside. Rust on the inside.

After wasting 4hrs installing it into a van, it didn't work.

Called Pensacola. They said to remove the FSS cover and jiggle the shut-off lever. That worked, but only momentarily. Had to fill it with DieselKleen and constantly play with it to get it running, and then it wouldn't run reliably for a week.

Was even less impressed that the FSS had deep cracks all over it and the rubber seal was permanently crimped over.

I won't be wasting any more $$$ with them.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
A rusty mess inside an injection pump will ruin your injectors.. No good reason for an injection pump to have rust inside it.... Instructions as to remove the top cover and giggle the lever.... :eek: Isn't that what you do when the toilet keeps running....:puke: A bad pump is a bad pump... No amount of giggleing could vause me to keep a rusty pump..... As I have posted before... I run both a pensacola pump and a moose pump... Never have had any trouble with either of them... A week ago I removed the pd pump and found the weep hole has diesel weeping out of it.... Gonna turn that pump into a baby moose...:sly:angel:

Smokey73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the injectors on Friday and put them in on Saturday. They were all remans. I didn't take the time to pop test all of them. I tested 2. The first one poped at about 2100psi and had a good pattern, the second did the same so I called it good. I replaced the old ones because the truck was smoking real bad at idle and you couldn't see out the rear view on a hard acceration. Now all you get is a little puff at start up and a slight haze when you shift. My only complaint is that the caps in the return line kit didn't snap into place and everyone of them leaked, I ended up putting the old ones back in with the new o'rings and hoses.

marblecrusher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive never been brave enough to buy remans from pensacola but the new delphi bb's i bought from them were all new and all pop tested good.

-Jordan-

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online