Ebay Garrett fix for underpowered IDI?

Ford428CJ

FE Freak!
Reaction score
I work on the start system for the F-15 everyday! I hope you got a manual for that or good luck to ya LOL. I never had a chance to work on a APU otherwise F100-100 and JFS/CGB's for me (Jet Fuel Starter/Central Gear Box) for me.......

I'll have to dig up a link for ya with a small gas turbine (a little longer then the ones you posted) in a boat that ran real well. Let me see If I can find it.

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
F100-100 and JFS/CGB's for me (Jet Fuel Starter/Central Gear Box) for me.......
I'll have to dig up a link for ya with a small gas turbine (a little longer then the ones you posted) in a boat that ran real well. Let me see If I can find it.
On second thought, never mind.....you're already over my head:D
Besides that, I got to thinking....or rather wondering, If I got an exhaust leak, would it melt the firewall, dash, & my boom-box???:eek:

Mad_Tony

Reaction score
wot on earth would that 'normally' fit ? google is not much help. found some that sold for 1750 USD. found a similar type the navy use (they found it cheaper to buy a new one after one refit which was after 2 to 3 years so they sell them at 5 years)

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guess would be some sort of military helicopter or a tank perhaps. The Abrams is powered by a turbine...perhaps not that one but a turbine no less.

Mad_Tony

Reaction score
My guess would be some sort of military helicopter or a tank perhaps.
a bit more checking the second unit (and more likely the first) are listed as Auxiliary Power Unit's. The shop selling the second unit has some odd stuff like a 3 WATT CLASS 4 LASER

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-WATT-NEW-HIGH...183297954QQihZ008QQcategoryZ294QQcmdZViewItem

Garrett Aviation : Landmark Aviation : ended up here !?!

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2007/04/368475.html

Garrett Aviation turned in to Honeywell

http://www51.honeywell.com/aero/

gives me website errors.

Last edited:

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
they probubly dont have much low end torque for backing in a trailer with finesse.....

Mad_Tony

Reaction score
but there is a way .....

they probubly dont have much low end torque for backing in a trailer with finesse.....

if you used one to power a supercharger that may fix the problem. one hell of a bonnet problem tho. :rotflmao
Unless you had a divorce unit(s) in the bed and some ducting.:cool

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online