E4od torque converter not locking up.

turbo elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after fighting my e4od on and off for a year I finally brought it to a transmission shop that actually had any kind of ideas... the problem was the torque converter would not lockup... I tried to get ideas on forums but nothing positive came of it... so I cleaned all the wiring harness connectors... still no change
I replace the torque converter, with no change ,
then I replaced the solenoid pack, no change...
the valve body and the accumulator, the accumulator had Springs or something rattling around inside of it and I thought this is it... But still no change, except the OD light started blinking...
So after 7 different appointments at three different transmission shops I found one in Vancouver that didn't have blinders on, thay took the transmission out, took it apart and found out that the input shaft seal was the wrong seal ( I had them replace Springs and such too help shift firmness and transmission longevity... and now it's working fine (and it's a good thing because I just bought road flares.)
So if anybody else has any problems like I have had just know it could be internal and external and don't just blindly believe everybody when they tell you it's external.
Thanks to all who helped me.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just wondering: what shop fixed you ailments? I had really good luck with Clark County when I lived in Vancouver.

turbo elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the transmission from a wrecking yard ... it was supposed to be a good one, but it wasn't after fighting it for a month and swapping the torque converter the warranty ran out.
Cottman Transmission is the one that found the problem.