E4OD temp?

Ruger_556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where do E4OD's normally run? I just put a temp gauge in mine... I put the sensor in the pressure line to the oil cooler in the radiator so I can see how hot the oil get's before it reaches the cooler. It runs about 150 once it gets warmed up (Takes about half an hour) and it'll get up to 180 if I'm pulling hard with a trailer until I get out on the highway and then it'll drop down to 140-160. I usually don't haul anything too heavy (I ran across the scales at the scrap yard at 15,980 lbs with a trailer). Should I look at additional coolers or is the factory one pretty good?

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those temps are looking good and normal to me. However, for additional insurance, I would upgrade your factory transmission cooler.

Ruger_556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What would you recommend for aux. cooler? I used hydraulic hose for cooler lines to the radiator so I can route them anywhere pretty easily.

Ataylor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look up Tru-cool part #4739. It is rated at 40,000 GVW and can shed a lot of heat and is not too expensive- about $125

Archie

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the temps your seeing are extremely close to perfection if you had your sender located @ the test port.
with it out after the converter/pre-coolers,then she is actually running a tad on the cool side.
id recommend not touching a thing.she's very,very,very close to ideal.;Sweet

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
I would leave it alone. Normally I would recommend a TruCool unit. But this case the temps are running normal.

If the temps start pushing the 200 degree mark, then add another cooler.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance