E4OD and PTO

1466IH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to put a PTO on an E4OD? If not what is my best bet for hydraulics

1466IH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking of doing a trans swap. Would like to install a 6speed if its not too big of a deal and if it is I guess a zf5 has pto capabilities

Last edited:

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
If your truck is four wheel drive, you can get a transfercase with PTO. I'm pretty sure you would have to do the torque converter lock mod though.

There's not many advantages of the zf6 over the zf5. Just that it's fluid cooled. So you'd have to plumb in a tranny cooler.
Also 1-"od" are nearly equal to each other. All the zf6 has is the extra L gear.
In my experience, it's sort of a useless gear, unless you have some real high highway gears.
Only time I ever used L was pulling 85+ foot mobile homes into spot. Could easily start off in 1st gear. Also with 4x4 you could just drop it in low, so still no need.

That's just my experience though.
Oh also to me, the zf5 shifts nicer.

1466IH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is 2wd so no Tcase. Are the zf6's harder to buy or install my truck weighs 15820lbs according to the scale at a local quarry and i often haul broken equipment back to the shop like skid steers and even a backhoe so if i used a 6spd could i then possibly put like 3.73gears in instead of my 5.13's

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
If you have 10 lugs nuts per wheel you have whats called a superduty rig. It will have a straight front axle. They are soon to be illegal here in cali so they will be traded off for cheap really soon. The damn EPA made it impossible for them to be licensed after 2014 I think... Funy too because the same exact engine is in our beloved rigs. We wonder how long that will be a driveable truck on the roads of cali too. If you have the 10 lug wheels you will not be able to get any lower than the 5/13 gears. It goes up from there to 5.63 I think... I also think you may have disc brakes on the rears too..

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
What???? Gary you are kidding right? Straight axle super duties.... you folks do live in the land of the Fruits and Nuts....

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have 10 lugs nuts per wheel you have whats called a superduty rig. It will have a straight front axle. They are soon to be illegal here in cali so they will be traded off for cheap really soon. The damn EPA made it impossible for them to be licensed after 2014 .

*** is up with that....seriously...What about solid axle 4x's are they outlawed too?

Can you provide a link to that information? Why?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradz

Members online