E250 Camper Floor Plan

NTOLERANCE

I'm the cotton swab
Reaction score
This is the floor plan Id like to use. I dont want to cook or wash in the van. So I would go without the sink, maybe add a fridge there.

Attachments

• SFP_RB-21.jpg
    SFP_RB-21.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 20

NTOLERANCE

I'm the cotton swab
Reaction score
Jayro, are you converting the blue van in your avatar to camper? Would you be interested in selling the seats form it if so?

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, I'm still working on my Batt venting, do they have special fans, kinda worried about spark from reg one, thanks for links, I'm always looking for something
No fans for venting. Batteries are in a plastic box with a cover that has a outlet for a flexible 2" tube that goes thru the wall, tube attaches to a round louvered fitting.

NTOLERANCE

I'm the cotton swab
Reaction score
No fans for venting. Batteries are in a plastic box with a cover that has a outlet for a flexible 2" tube that goes thru the wall, tube attaches to a round louvered fitting.

Thats typical. My trunk mounted battery in my 65 Coronet is set up like this. I would assume camper batteries would give off more hydrogen during a given time period, as they are typically charged for a much longer time. Still I dont think a fan is necessary. WE could get into the question about poor/old/worn batteries excessively gassing during recharge, but I think at that point in time most would have already replaced them as they wouldnt perform well enough to use.

Additionally, there are sealed gel batteries on the market, that give off no gas, and can be charged whenever - not just when they are low on charge without hurting the batteries. They are about double the cost though.

Bull, are camper batteries typically mounted inside a sealed box, with a vent? Not just the typical plastic boat boxes?
The coach batteries in my Winebago Superchief are under the steps to get in the motorhome. I think the steps are pretty sealed and there is a tube leading out of that box. I am thinking about putting one or two under the back seat of the van. I wouldnt want any smell coming from them.

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
battery mounting solution is simple, rooftop clamshell cargo carrier, permanently mount it and fasten plastic battery boxes inside it
adds some storage and eliminates the batteries inside the passenger area

Jake2670

Reaction score
they under the rear bench, I guess I was over thinking it, had not seen anything on fans but fig would b best to have a slight vac n area I guess the heat from batts b enough, but what about in summer, no one seem to have issues with gas staying n batt compartment? My plan is to put vent up on side of van body above water fill, guess i could insulate metal body then insulate panelling n leave cavity for gas :) should help with chimney effect.

Jake2670

Reaction score
battery mounting solution is simple, rooftop clamshell cargo carrier, permanently mount it and fasten plastic battery boxes inside it
adds some storage and eliminates the batteries inside the passenger area

I wouldn't want 3 batts up that high, think my clamshell is at like 9ft

Jake2670

Reaction score
U guys think should run tube from box to vent or just seal good n leave cavity for gas

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online

No members online now.