dyno numbers

1993f250

Reaction score
Yeah thats what i have been told so im more than likely going with the hx40 and ill post the video if i can figure out how to do it from my phone haha

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool thing.
Injectors are probally holding you back some with 178ccs of fuel.

You do have me thinking tho because I've been wanting more fuel for awhile now.
Stock ip just isn't doing it for me

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
3.55 gears, i tryed a 4 high launch but it done nothing but spun all 4 wheels and i couldnt steer, and slowed my time down, so i just ran 2wd the rest, i think if i built it up to like 5psi before i went was when i got the best tim, i tryed building it to 10 once but it just blew the tires off of it

1993f250

Reaction score
Thats what im thinking is holdin me back the most is my injectors .its a fun truck though i pull it in the workstock class and normslly run in the top 3 trucks aganist powrrstrokes and cummins trucks and man does it **** them off to get beat by a idi truck hahaha

racer30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you realy have 178cc fuel from your pump its not making it through the injectors to the engine. If it was you would burn it down with a stock turbo and no intercooler. I think you need to look at a performance cam and some improved injectors and a intercooler for your HX40 turbo upgrade. That will gitter done. Did you cut your pistons to lower your compression when you rebuilt your engine. What size downpipe and exhaust are you runnin.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are running that much fuel, I agree that the turbo AND injectors are really holding you back. That is two bottle necks in your setup. And I would definitely add a cam and an intercooler for sure too...

1993f250

Reaction score
I keep the pump turned down for kust driving around the only time its turned all the way up is if im pulling. I looked at a set on dps stage ones but dont no how they would do and thanks guys i didnt thi k about a cam im only 19 but been messing with diesels my whole life. I no the injectors are holding me back and my tyrbo is about shot as it is. So turbo upgrade is a must in the near future .and if anyone nos a link i have an see the intercooler installment it would ne greatly appreciated. And what kind of water **** systems do you guys like?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check the forum FAQ's for dyno numbers. Don't everybody go getting too excited over claims of CC's coming out of pumps. That kind of talk only stirs the waters and is not a concern with 209 HP.