Dyno day for New motor

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
Hey guys... I just got back from Colorado where we picked up our new motor for the truck were building... Its a Ford motor. 416ci. NA...

I was responsible for the ignition system and the fuel injection system..

It took me a while getting everything hooked up and then working with the motor builder to get the injection box set up.... but when we got it working.... holy chit.....

Our best pull on the dyno was 780hp... I still have some major tweaking to do... we were only doing wide open pulls to try and get close to what the builder had already done with his carb... The 780 beat his best on the carb of 750hp.

The power really starts early... around 3500rpm we hit 600hp and jump to 700 around 5500rpm.. Peak torque was around 6000rpm and was 620 ft lbs... We have the rev limit set at 7500... We could probably pull more power out of it if we went higher but we are looking for more longevity...

This was my first time playing with the fuel injection stuff... Now that I have it going, all I can say is wow... You have such control.

Here is a pic of the motor on the dyno... I will post more when we get it in the truck.

Attachments

• motorsm.jpg
    motorsm.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 107

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
I forgot to add that this is our first all aluminum motor...

That includes the block...

What's nuts is that you set the valve lashing at .000

The motor grows .017 when it warms up...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.