dumb idea of the day - how about the A/C condensor for an E4OD cooler

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
He really did have a c6 in a chevy but it was a 428 or 429 engine i told you it was literally a BUILT rig put together from leftovers of racecars and hot rods that they had

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
He really did have a c6 in a chevy but it was a 428 or 429 engine i told you it was literally a BUILT rig put together from leftovers of racecars and hot rods that they had

I figured it was something like that, and being a chevy fan, I didn't want to ask!!! :) My buddies dream was to take a 63 split window, power it by ford, and take it to a super chevy show...I told him I wouldn't be going with him and he probably wouldn't be returning! :)

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
I've never gotten some of the more hostile anti-ford/anti-chevy guys. They're just trucks after all.........

The occasional quip is fine. But nothing annoys me more than that one annoying neighbor who can't say more than 2 sentences without mentioning how crappy ford is and how much better chevy/dodge is.
Annoys me when it happens the other way round too.

Alex S

Jeoff
Reaction score
I've never gotten some of the more hostile anti-ford/anti-chevy guys. They're just trucks after all.........

The occasional quip is fine. But nothing annoys me more than that one annoying neighbor who can't say more than 2 sentences without mentioning how crappy ford is and how much better chevy/dodge is.
Annoys me when it happens the other way round too.

but its ok the other way around :rolleyes:

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=26121

in my own opinion they all suck and there all great ford/chev/dodge all have there strong points and ****** points

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, conversion complete - emptied the A/C condenser, filled it up with a quart of denaturated alcohol, let it sit for half an hour, blew most of it out by mouth (didn't want the solvent all over the engine), then when it was mostly empty I fired up the engine and hit the A/C and let the compressor finish the job. Then I filled the condenser with a quart of ATF (slow like molasses), connected the transmission lines to it and called it a night, will fire it up tomorrow and see how it works. Also noticed that if I cut the small plastic hose off its fitting on the A/C condenser side the fitting's "ribbed" area is about perfect 5/16 size so the trans lines can go straight to there with no adapters needed. Downside is there's just one fitting like that per truck, but the good thing is both ports are the same size so a trip to the junkyard will source me another fitting, for now I have a 1/2" line off the condenser then down to a 5/16.

Joejohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, cool then, I'll do that then and clean up the mess of hoses and coolers I got in the front now. How do I go for cleaning this thing? Joejohn (man, you go by Joe, or John?) said denaturated alcohol, where I get that and how I use it?

And I've heard about overcooling the trans, but I don't think "too cool" is a concept an E4OD will ever be familiar with ;)

I think you can get denatured alcohol at any place that sells home paint. I think even wall-mart carries it. Its great for cleaning out AC systems when they have been worked on and need to be recharged ect. The best way to use it to really clean it out good is to stick a syphen(Sorry spelling sux) tube down in the can and blow it through the core with air pressure from an air compressor. I actually have a small jug with air fittings on both ends. I put it in there and then blow it through whatever Im cleaning.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the alcohol from Lowe's, poured it in through the driver-side A/C condenser port as it feeds the top of the condenser so alcohol would go through all the tubing till it reaches the bottom. Also when blowing it out I used the same port, so all the alcohol got pushed through the complete length of the condenser tubing. Including the small amounts of ATF that got lost when I hooked up the lines (the wrong way) last night, and the ATF that got lost today when I redid the lines, I added 2 quarts of ATF to top it off to the correct level.

razorback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you want to **** some people off tell rx7 guys you are pulling the rotary and putting in a v8 :)

never knew you could use denatured alcohol for that..usually the only people that buy our chemicals at my store is the people wanting to make ****.

460429_freak

Crazy about diesels
Reaction score
did the same thing with a 68 ford truck raditor was bad (auto) all I had was a stick raditor so I just took a ac core and used for a tranny cooler never ran hot that tranny last years until a reverse N drop got it:rotflmao hey I was 18

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm pretty happy with it - no more hoses under radiator, no more brackets hanging up front, and more importantly now that the two coolers are out of the way there is more airflow through the radiator!