DT444E Performance Upgrades

edward.tabor

Reaction score
Rising Sun, MD (where MD, DE, and PA join on the m
I have a 1995 International chassied Bluebird School Bus with a 175 HP DT444E connected to an Allison. I'd like to get my HP up to 250-300 or higher. I know these engines are capable of that, and more, because I drive an International chassied ambulance, rated at 325 hp, with the DT444E engine. Can you guys steer me in the right direction for chips or other performance parts.

Also, I was told that this was the same engine as the 7.3 Power stroke that Ford had been using in their trucks. If this is so, are the engine management systems the same and would a power kit for a Ford work?

I plan on turning the old cheese wagon into an antique tractor hauler, and I'd love to blow the doors of my buddy's 2004 6.0L PS.

Thanks for your time, Ed

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Give Swamp a call, to see the kind of numbers you want youll need to upgrade the intake, exhaust and fuel injectors. Swamp will be able to get you on the road with the injectors and recommend the correct chip for it as well.

SWAMPS DIESEL

Good luck toasting a 6.0 with your bus, they are quick.

Mike

Ggg

Reaction score
Yes the T444E is the same engine as the PSD, but the engine mgmt. computer is a little different so a Ford chip will not work. On www.thedieselstop there was a guy names Bill who went by the web name ASEMechanic who used to burn his own chips (Bill's custom chips) and he did burn chips for the T444E, but he has since merged with Edge products. The stock injectors will only be able to support about 250hp so you will most likely want bigger injectors, intercooler, bigger turbo. aka $$$$$ TS performance and Diesel Innovations(DI) make some good chips DI also has package deals on turbos and injectors. Swamps performance sells some good aftermarket injrctors.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance