DT360 into a 55 Ford C600

JOGR

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 55 Ford C600 and an 88 DT360 mated to a Spicer ES42-5D. I am putting them both in the C600. I pulled the DT360 and have it in the garage getting it sorted and cleaned up. I have a bunch of questions for you!

On the engine-

Is there a power steering pump block off plate available or do I just have to make one?
Does anyone have the basic wiring diagram for the engine? There are all sorts of wires I need to remove, I want to be as clean and simple as possible.
I need the turbo to intake pipe that goes over the engine if anyone has a spare. if not I'll just piece one together.

For the trans, I need the shifter to be about 14" forward of where it is. Can anyone point me towards how people are relocating the shifter?

Thanks much!

Attachments

• DTA360inF3501.jpg
    DTA360inF3501.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 36
  • C6005.jpg
    C6005.jpg
    378.8 KB · Views: 36

spg

Big Red
Reaction score
You may have to rework your original shifter. On my truck I turned the shifter around, then notched it, heated, bent and welded it into the shape I needed.

mytoolman

Reaction score
Hi There I just bought a 1955 C600 Its very clean & ORIGINAL UNMolested. V8 292 4 speed with 2 speed rear. Stake bed currently being transformed into a box truck that is outfitted as a tool store. I am the toolman. Recently my Freightliner MT45`18' stepvan (5.9cummins/allison1000) that was full of tools was STOLEN. Its a sad story for the most part but in rebounding I am building a truck that I have always wanted. A Texas boy bought the Tool Truck and wanted to remove the box to make the Isuzu it was part of into a flat bed. I had the newly purchased 55 shipped to the same shop and they are extending the frame to add the box. Next couple of weeks it should be done. I want to upgrade the power train to Diesel. Did the DT360 fit well?? Intercooler/Radiator/?? would love to have a conversation with you so I can choose the best engine. I have access to a Cat 3116 and Allison set up for a good price but havent heard much GOOD about that engine. This truck wont do much highway mileage. It will be city driving. Mostly it will be used like a delivery truck. Maybe a fair share of idling...unless I use a generator. The showroom will need to be air conditioned and be lighted well...New Led light fixtures dont require much juice but the a.c. does. will the front straight axle handle the weight of the Diesel...Brakes will need upgrade....Dont want this to be a long term project will need to do it and get back to seeing my customers lest loose to my competition...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7