DT360 Into 1988 Ford F-350 cclb

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As far as I have read, only the A and MW pumps were available on the DT360 from the factory. The VE and P7100 were not. All of these pumps were manufactured by Robert Bosch GmbH.

Carson Stauffer does offer an adapter plate to bolt a P7100 on to your DT360.

To the OP; you can use your factory Garrett to run a compound setup. That is what SuperHatch did on PSN: http://www.powerstrokenation.com/fo...ap-99-f550-cc-western-hauler.html#post4998305

BTW, after looking at my Bosch Inline Fuel Injection Pumps book, I'm virtually certain you have an A pump.

Last edited:

IDIDieselJay

Reaction score
Thank you subway for the confirmation! Also I have been doing some more research and understand that the ZF5 will be my weak link. I am not set In my ways of manual and have been looking at a Allison 1000 with a shift kit . Is this a good transmission? How would this hold up to the power? Currently the DT has the Allison adapter plate will this trans be a good idea? Could I get a manual valve body on it!?

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
All the 360s I've seen have been A series pumps. They discontinued them in 93. The 466 had a 100 series rotary pump, A series inline, MW inline, and later 95ish to 97 p pumps were available. Weird high mount, crappy integrated intake and valve cover....

I bumped my timing to 24, tightened governor and aneroid up, maxed fuel screw and away I go. She's a strong puller!

IDIDieselJay

Reaction score
Well I guess it a year later and I haven't had time to post, but I am back. The swap is "done" and i drove it quite a bit late summer and until the snow flew here in Michigan. I have to say I'm impressed with how hard the DT pulls! At the moment it isn't inter cooled. However, that is on the list for this year. Along with a compound turbo setup. From what I've seen, I've been thinking about running my stock and feeding a S472 like Stephan Dorrick had done on his F550. I'm happy with the way it turned out and just have a few kinks yet to work out. I apologize for the delay and the lack of pictures. I don't have them right now since I broke my phone, But will update as I retrieve them. I suppose it isn't bad for a 17 year old kid just trying to make some power and spend my money.

Last edited:

IDIDieselJay

Reaction score
I
You must be registered for see images attach

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
You got to show off some pictures of the engine in its home!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online