Dt 360???

motox tech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was searching old threads to try and answer this, but cant seem to come up w/ answer. What kind of HP is the 360 capable of. With all the talk of the 466, seems like the 360 might be more practical. :dunno

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure it's more practical, but it is the IH version of the 5.9 Cummins. It is only 1/2 inch longer that a 5.9 cummins, so swapping it in would be less of a hassle. It is a bit more expensive to get the same HP numbers from the 360 than the 466. Plus, you get more torque per HP with the 466. Plus, with the size of the block, mains, rods, and what have you, the 466 is more reliable at the same HP than the 5.9 Cummins or IH.

Heath

motox tech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
was just wondering, trying to figure out which direction to go here. I have a 466, just didnt know whether to put that in a project truck, or focus my attention on my daily driver, and try and get the 360. Just wantin to know my options. Thanks heath, cant wait to read more about your project, mines gonna be a slow going process.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heath is doing a 466, but I think somebody needs to do a 360. I think the average joe who would consider a cummins conversion would be more interested in the 360 if it were proven that it was just as easy to fit, and could generate similar power as the cummins 5.9

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mines gonna be a slow going process.

Oh, mine will be a slow process as well. I really want to have all the parts I need before starting to put it together. I don't want the truck down for ever. Plus, doing something like that will take (me as least) time to do right and of course........ time to sneek the cost slowly by the wifey. A few thousand here and there is easier spend without catching too much attention from the misses, than thousands all at once.LOL

Heath

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could I run the 466 turbo and pump on the 360?

You could certainly run all the fuel and induction system parts from the 466 on the 360. A long time friend of mine is running the injection pump, injectors and a few other parts off of a 466 on his 312 (same bore as 360 but shorter stroke).

motox tech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could certainly run all the fuel and induction system parts from the 466 on the 360. A long time friend of mine is running the injection pump, injectors and a few other parts off of a 466 on his 312 (same bore as 360 but shorter stroke).

Time to start collecting parts I suppose.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online