Doors Close Like the "Used" To!!

gabbyr100rs

Reaction score
A guy came thru my emissions shop on Monday with an 89 F150 gasser with less than 70K on it. The doors shut like it was brand new.

Upon my comment, he pointed me toward the HELP section at the local parts emporium for some replacement plastic "bushings". They are made specifically for our trucks, and slip over the striker bars that bolt to the door frame. I had forgotten that they came equipped that way. (Mine had been "nekkid" for some time! :eek:

Less than 2 minutes a side, including adjustments and the doors close like new with no rattles at all. Parts were less than $5.

All you guys prolly know about this, but I didn't.

Have a great Easter.

EvergreenRanch

In Transition
Reaction score
hey thats awesome! didnt know that so thank you for sharing! was that a particular parts emporium? be good to know to know exactly were to look.

gabbyr100rs

Reaction score
Most any of the chain stores have a long rack of fix-it doohickies labeled HELP--red and white packaging. Door handles, window lift handles, tailgate cables and the like. Go to that section and look for the bushings. They are specific for our year model Ford trucks.

You will need the right size star bit to get the striker off the door frame--fits onto your 3/8ths ratchet handle like a socket.

I was having to slam the wadding out of my doors to get them to close--not any more. Having the striker the right diameter makes all the difference!

Good luck! ;Sweet

IDIeselman

Reaction score
And if that star bit breaks as they sometimes do, A pipe wrench will take them off with minimal scaring.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Some stores with smaler help sections dont list them for these beasts, but they have a fors car det for same year range with too big and two small ones, Just but two boxes and use the big ones out of each.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RustyNail351