Does this oil pressure seem low?

IH444t

Reaction score
My oil pressure gauge doesn't touch the normal but its right in front of it, when I first got this truck it was at the r on normal and the oil is little over half on the dip stick.

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In reality, the only way to know for sure is to put a "real" gauge on it. The stock ones are not known for their accuracy. I put a good brand name electric one on mine and it was reading low. Thought I had problems, so I put a known good mechanical one on temporarily to double check. Seems the electric one reads 40 psi when it is really 50 psi. Oh well I don't want the oil potentially in the cab so I just take it into account.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The saddest part of our factory gauges is "what does the letter "R" mean in normal".. Ford engineers wanted us to believe that anything in the word NORMAL was just that .. Normal. But in reality its not any way normal to see a reading on our gauges and wonder what that temp or pressure really is. Know this... Not many trucks read the same so you might have no issues with "L" on your rig but another rig and the over temp light comes on. This is why most here recommend installing quality after market gauges. I prefer the 270 degree sweep gauges.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online