DO NOT USE WELLMAN GLOW PLUGS ON THIS ENGINE

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I do think some have had success with the controllers. The motorcraft ones have been outsourced.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I would find a local IH/Navistar truck dealer. Take the original one (which is an IH part) or tell them you need a glow plug controller for a 444 Diesel engine. Not a T444E that's a 7.3PSD......

Original part for less than Ford.

A little tip, go find the "old guy" at the parts counter. I went in for a fuel filter for my IDI with a part number. When he came back with it, he said "That's for an old 7.3 IDI.....". I told him it was and in a Ford pickup. Told me he can get parts for them, and if I didn't have a part number he would just look in the 444 parts book.....

Most of the time, they are the least expensive option for a local parts pickup (for OEM parts)....... plus my local IH parts counter opens a 7am Monday and closes at 3pm Saturday......

Danny Cardarelli

Reaction score
Thank u..ive already got the gpc and will go with it..one sniff of hesitation and its gone, the Wellmans cost me a grand.but a 7.3 with or around 100.000 miles ....getting a head job when it doesnt need it will benefit in long run..that im certain and look at from the prospective that its money in the bank....

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only money in the bank,is money in the bank.However,sharing your misfortune can benefit those wise enough to learn.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did not have good luck with my diesel RX controller. It died in very short order. Ended up robbing the factory unit off my other engine.

Just FYI

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI

Called Ford Canada about a recall on my truck. I learned about a hidden treasure....a company that buys all NOS and sells the parts.

My issue was for front brakes and I will order in the kits but he said they have tons of parts so it may be option for some of our stuff we need

Seems canadian but maybe us folk can call too.

Just provide part #