diesel run away tonight while going down the road

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I were you I'd start a new thread. You may get more and better responses. I don't think it's unheard of for the parts store fuel pumps to rupture quickly. I'm curious about compression numbers on a cold engine too as I have 2 of them not in trucks that I'm about to test.

osokusmc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was combing the chuffing threads pretty hard, but I'm wanting to be in denial, and didn't want to start another chuffing thread, so thought I'd revive this one which is where my little journey began rather than pile onto those. I'm thinking I'm going to finish injection pump, injectors, return lines, valve cover gaskets (due to leaks), and glow plugs, get it running and timed. I'll probably retest compression on a warm engine that's been used a bit and go from there. I also have an electric pump I could put on if my fuel in the oil thing continues. The engine history is unknown to me so I figured a pump and injectors would curb part of my curiosity.

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
chuffing on a cold engine is more than likely lifters that arent fully pumped up yet. Mine actually does it pretty bad on cold start but I havent worried about it to much

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
What a lot of members forget is we have oil being sprayed up under each piston to cool it when running. So this oil is wetting the cylinders and creating a very good seal on the rings. Its like squirting oil down the cylinders on a gasser to see if the valves are rings are shot. Our engine does this wetting of the cylinders automatically for us. Don't worry about a cold compression test. It will be likely the same warmed up or cold.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online