Diesel fuel in the radiator Help!

hotrodrv

Reaction score
we have a 1999 f 350 7.3. We have diesel fuel entering into the cooling system and overfilling the expansion tank. It's not engine oil. But diesel. we also checked the engine oil level and it's fine and no contamination. the engine still runs good. this one has us stumped. I would like to get some ideas from all of you before we take it in for repairs. arm myself with some knowledge. thank you.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Injector cups? Sounds like you may have diesel getting into the coolant system right in the head, I believe it can happen with a bad injector cup. We need Bean to chime in on this one.

probear

AKA pooh :)
Reaction score
Originally posted by 95_stroker
Injector cups? Sounds like you may have diesel getting into the coolant system right in the head, I believe it can happen with a bad injector cup. We need Bean to chime in on this one.

That would be my first guess. I've heard of this happening before.

hotrodrv

Reaction score
Thank you for the information. I will look into this. If any one else has any suggestions please add to the thread. Thanks again

Bean

Reaction score
Only place fuel and coolant pass next to eachother is injetcor cups. You have one split.

hotrodrv

Reaction score
I really want to thank you all for the help. Keep up the good work. Thanks again.